Thursday, December 11, 2008

Dreaming of a White Christmas....



Brennan getting ready to throw a snowball.



Our outside "Christmas Tree". Look carefully and there are presents under there.




Trying to smack the dog with a snowball.



Our house.

So this morning I was one of the geniuses who should NOT have been out on the road. But alas, I had to work this morning. I knew when I said my prayer this morning that God had something in store for me today. I should have prayed a little harder. I had not even ventured out a mile from my house before I had a small accident. Yes. An accident. With my car. My fault. Long story. But the girl with whom I collided with went on her merry little way. I had to go hunt her down. She was a teacher at Steen's Creek Elementary. It was freezing, I had no coat on, and the puddles were ankle deep in Florence. I called Chad crying, trying not to panic. So, I went inside the school and asked around wondering if anyone knew anybody who drove a black Chevrolet Impala because we had just had an accident and it needed to be reported and she needed my insurance info-- and she had disappeared. The accident was my fault. They had to page her over the intercom of the school. She came to the office. She was crying. I was crying. She was pregnant. I was late for work. She was shaken up. I was shaken up. It made for a bad morning. She felt bad for me. I felt bad for her. Then she hugged ME. The accident was my fault, she was pregnant, but she gave ME a hug. That's the south for you, I guess. Fortunately God was watching out for me this morning. It could have been a LOT worse. I pulled out in front of her thinking she was going to make a right turn. I thought I saw her blinker on. Obviously I saw no such thing. She tried to stop but the roads in Florence were already starting to ice over at 7:00 this morning. I saw her tires lock up. It all happened in slow motion.

After all the drama, I called my boss and told him I was going to take it slow and I was going to be late for work. I think my excuse was a solid one. We ended up only seeing 3 patients before we called it quits and canceled the rest of the day. It has been one long day. I'm glad it's almost over. I like to see snow. But I like to see it from the inside looking out.

No comments: