
Brennan and his friend, Hayley, at the Byram Christmas parade.

Our Sunday School float.

Chad and Adam after the parade.

Ronnie and Kim. Can you tell they are Alabama fans?

Some of the girls in our Sunday School class. The lady in the red vest is our teacher.
Saturday our church held the Byram Christmas Parade. It was so much fun. Chad and I are on the Children's Ministry Team and we were in charge of the parade. It took 6 months worth of planning, but we all had a great time. It was very cold Saturday. I had on my running tights under my jeans and wore gloves so I didn't stay too cold. I will admit, being out in the freezing weather so early in the morning reminded me of how I do NOT miss running that much. I HATED running in the cold. I would much rather run in 90 degree heat. Call me crazy, but I HATE being cold. I love cold weather, but I don't like running in it.
Saturday night was our Sunday School Christmas party. We had so much fun. Our class is full of pranksters and they keep everyone on their toes.
So this weekend was an extremely busy weekend. Sunday I think I must have come down with some sort of small bug-- that or it was stress. I woke up Sunday morning feeling queasy, so thinking it was all the party food from the night before I took a Tums and went on to church. Later that afternoon I started feeling worse. It just continued to progress. About 8 o'clock I was in tears because I felt so miserable and I think I must have been running fever. I took a hot bath and couldn't get warm, then I went to bed decked out in the warmest pajamas I could find, with socks on my feet, and my ceramic space heater blowing full blast on me while I snuggled under my down comforter-- and I still couldn't get warm. I was shivering. I am a big, fat baby when I feel bad, I admit. Chad, who once was a pre-med major, was a horrible nurse. He did take care of the boys, but he showed no sympathy towards me. I told him God knew what he was doing when he changed Chad's mind about majoring in medicine. I was so close to calling my boss and telling him I wasn't going to be able to come in Monday morning, but I decided to sleep and see how I felt when I woke up. I still felt icky when I woke up and couldn't make lunch for Chad and me because the thought of food nauseated me. But, as the day went on I started to feel better. Thank goodness. This was a bad week to get sick. Thankfully next week slows down a good bit for us.










1 comment:
It was so cold Saturday morning! Candace was in the parade, marching with her dance class. BRRR. I hope you feel better soon.
PS, you do NOT look like you just had a baby, you look great!
Post a Comment