Well, now I remember the reason I quit subscribing to the newspaper. Who has the time? My Sunday paper-- one of my recent Sunday afternoon lazy indulgences--still lays on the kitchen counter unwrapped from it's plastic. So I guess I could unwrap it and take out the coupons. That's about all it's good for now...
So here was my Thanksgiving in a nutshell: Busy, busy, and, you guessed it, busy. I was so exhausted when I got home from work yesterday that I almost couldn't make myself change clothes and get back out in the cold. But, I did. For there are always places to go and things to be doing. So when I finally got home for good last night I did things that needed to be doing here and crawled into bed and I don't remember much after my head hit the pillow. Although the glass of wine I had with dinner could have been my ultimate demise. I doubt it though. I was already tired. So tired.
Now of course we have a dead car. Why? Because it's Christmas. And really, that's the way our luck goes. Not that we really believe in luck. But, our life seems to be the epitome of that good ol' saying, "when it rains, it pours". So I guess we'll have to manage with one car for the next several days until we can get our other car repaired. If I can say one good thing it's that I'm glad that it went dead in our garage this morning and not at River Hills Country Club last night. I was surrounded by Lexus's and Mercedes and BMW's. Oh, well. All we can do is manage to do the best with what we have.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
My kids
(29)
Around the house
(14)
Identity theft
(10)
Books
(9)
Dirty politics
(5)
I love my job
(2)










1 comment:
wine, did you say wine? I could use some right about now. car trouble sucks. thankfully hubby knows has enough tools and skills to work on ours, and knows people who can fix them if he can't.
oh, and I'm waiting on more pictures of your adorable kids :-)
Post a Comment