Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Christmas is over!

Could someone please tell my Rankin County neighbors that Christmas is over? I mean, really. It's over. Somehow I find it a little insulting that there are still remnants of Baby Jesus and the stable scattered about the yard. Along with what looks to be piles of inflatable Santa Clauses and the Holy star on a flag pole. But to top it off, it looks like they've now brought out what looks as if it is going to be a gigantic, yellow, inflatable Easter egg. I know we should celebrate Jesus and his birth all year long, but come on, it's time to put it up. If you're going to be selling puppies from a homemade cage made of chicken wire in the midst of it all, it's time. Let it go, people. Let. It. Go. (No, these are not neighbors on my street...it's worse. They are on Main Street. Downtown. Stop the madness.)

No comments: