I should be so humble. I'm working on that. I really am. After half my day was wasted trying to resolve the remaining identity theft issues, I was at the end of my rope. Trying to get all the paperwork organized (it totally looked like a paper factory EXPLODED) and stuffed into the right envelopes and dealing with two kids at my feet, my stress level was maxed out. The situation has become almost humorous because every time I try to do something simple, it turns into chaos. Mostly because it's not as easy as putting a few forms into an envelope and mailing them. Instead it's the thickness of a textbook and it costs $30 to mail all these forms by certified mail. It was a stressful day. I finally got home and realized how much cleaning still needs to be done and clothes needing to be washed--but--alas, our washing machine died yesterday. It's only 7 years old. But it died. On top of that, our main car keeps messing up-- and I'm hoping it doesn't leave me stranded with two kids on the side of the road. I told Chad that I feel like someone must be praying really hard for me. REALLY HARD. Whoever this person is that's praying must think that God needs to grant me patience. You know what happens when you ask God for patience, right? It seems to be the only prayer that gets answered IMMEDIATELY.
I said ALL of that to bring me to the point of this blog. Amidst the complete chaos in my life and all the stress I have been dealing with from day to day, I was totally humbled YET AGAIN when I read Matt and Cassie's update and blog. Actually, I read it last night, but had to come home and read again.
Sometimes we question things that happen to us in life. We may verbalize it loudly, and we may sit back and silently question our God who is supposed to be bigger than any problem. For their family to be so firm in their faith and have such peace amazes me. I know it shouldn't amaze me. After all, God IS bigger than anything. But, I know I would completely fall apart at the seams if this situation ever happened to my family. Even with support from friends and family. God never promises an easy journey, but he has promised us that He is with us every step of the way. He also promises a perfect destination. We don't always know what it is in the big picture for us. We all have our burdens to bear and our weight to carry. When we question why things happen to us, the answer may be obvious right away. Other times, the truth reveals itself later. And then, there are things that happen that we may never understand or know why, but we knew WHO got us through it. Matt and Cassie may never know this, but I totally admire them. They may be beginning to fight the biggest battle of their lives OR God may be preparing them for a miracle. Either way, they are prepared and equipped to handle whatever is given to them. They've also been given friends and family who have committed themselves to pray continuously for them. My situation continues to rear it's ugly little head, and I freak out. Matt and Cassie (and many other families in this world) are fighting a continuous struggle and are grounded in hope. I wish I could be like that....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
My kids
(29)
Around the house
(14)
Identity theft
(10)
Books
(9)
Dirty politics
(5)
I love my job
(2)










1 comment:
Mandy,
You're such a sweet person. You and Chad both. We appreciate your kind words. Thanks so much for your friendship and your faith.
I pray that God blesses your family beyond belief.
- Matt & Cass
Post a Comment