Friday, January 29, 2010

Book review....


So, I am reading "The Lovely Bones" for yet a second time. I usually don't like to read books more than once because I can always remember the outcome. However, it's been 4 years since I first read this, and a lot has happened in my life since then, and I've also read many, many books since January of 2006. I do remember it being a deeply disturbing book, and I remember a coworker at the time telling me how wonderful she thought it was. I breezed through this book in no time the first time I read it. I found nothing wonderful about it. Just depressing. However, I have seen that the movie is now in theaters and I am always up for seeing books made into movies to compare and contrast, and since I remember very little detail about this book I thought I would give it another try. Wow. It is EXCELLENT. Especially when you take the time to sit down and pay attention. I can't wait for my own special time away to go see this in the theater ALONE. I've already told Chad that when this book is finished being read, I am going ALONE to the theater to see if the movie stands up to the book. A good, yet slightly disturbing read. I recommend it. Two thumbs up.

2 comments:

Kristy Jones said...

I just started reading it tonight!

Marie Williams said...

Agreed! I feel like I haven't come across a book worthy of my "favorites" list for a long, long time. Next you MUST read The Help