Thursday, January 21, 2010

SOUND OFF!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahhhh.... yes. It's been a week. A crazy, long week. Between the Massachusetts election and things going on in my life.... it's been crazy. But, back to that whole Scott Brown/Massachusetts topic..... Well, seems that people on both sides of politics really got fired up over this one and "pots got stirred" so to speak and well, I'm here to blog about my feelings and how (for lack of better words) retarded this country is acting.

This post may do one of three things to you reading it: #1. You may agree with everything I say and think I speak the truth. #2. You may agree with nothing I say, therefore ticking you off, and it seems that these days staunch Obama lovers and Democrats are overly defensive, and that means if you're like some people in my past, you won't ever speak to me again. OR. #3. You may be totally indifferent to anything I say in this post and are just here reading it for entertainment purposes.


So, here's what's wrong with this country and how little sense any of our politicians make...

#1. First and foremost, our president. Plain and simple-- Barrack Obama is an idiot. However, does that mean I want him to fail as the leader of these United States of America? NO. Absolutely not. I am a proud American, and I want nothing more than for my country to be successful in everything. However, Obama is not the man for that job. If someone could honestly, and simply tell me something he's done worthwhile for this nation since he's been in office, I'm all ears. Because, my feelings are, he's only contributing to fellow Democrat Al Gore's "global warming" issue.... because every time Obama opens his mouth, he's breathing a lot of hot air.... and, well, doesn't that have something to do with global warming? (I tend to tune all that mess out, because, yes, I take care of the earth, but I also know the earth wasn't meant to last.... one day I'm going to be in Heaven where God intended us to be anyway....)
Bottom line, Barrack Obama stands for NOTHING I'm proud of about this country. He's shady, he's arrogant, he's inexperienced, and he has no limitations to the amount of debt he's putting us in. I worry over my kids and their kids.

A lot of Obama supporters and Democrats blame Bush for the national debt. Yes, it's true, Bush wasn't perfect. But, we were also attacked not once, not twice, but THREE times in one day on American soil... (HELLO??? Anyone remember 9/11????) So, yes, we went to war. Just like if someone comes into my house and threatens my family and my belongings, I WILL retaliate. Plain and simple. I still support the war. If that's what it takes, so be it. I'd rather go into national debt over fighting for my freedom and my country than this stupid, ridiculous health care plan Obama brought to the table. Oh, and lets not forget all of the bailout plans and the insanely crazy stimulus packages passed around to each state.

Ok. I'll leave that topic alone for now. You pretty much see my point of view on the matter.

Moving on....

#2. Welfare. Um, yeah.... How messed up is that???? So, I guess just any Tom, Dick, or Harry AND their family can go get them a piece of that government because, well, they're too lazy to get a J-O-B. There should only be THREE reasons one should be on foodstamps and other government handouts. #1. You are so disabled you cannot drive a car, cannot walk more than 10 feet at a time, or you're so diseased you would be better off in a hospital (and by that I mean a mental one.) #2. You are elderly and have contributed back to society most of your life, but now times are hard and you need groceries. #3. You are a military veteran who has fallen on hard times and needs a little boost.

If you are on welfare, you should not own a car nicer than the average American. You should be entitled to a "government handout" car. (And we all know what kind of crud our government likes to hand out.) One car per family on welfare. Because, after all, you can't legally hold down a job, so you really don't need a car at all.

If you are on welfare, you should have to go in for random drug testing. Period.

If you are on welfare, you are not allowed to have any more kids. I'm tired of supporting them and so are my friends. For example, Chad and I would love to have more kids NOW. After all, I wanted to be through by the time I hit 30. But guess what? We CAN'T AFFORD THEM. We can barely afford the 2 we have. Therefore, I don't feel you should be held responsible for my selfish choices.

Go to school. Get an education. My husband owes more in student loans than he makes as a C.P.A. But guess what guys??? He has an EDUCATION. He is giving back to society and making a name for himself. And I realize education isn't for everyone. That's fine. Last I checked Wal-Mart is always hiring.

And there is nothing that burns me up more than being in the grocery store and seeing someone buy their groceries with foodstamps, and then 5 minutes later I see them get in a car or SUV nicer than anything I will EVER own. As a matter of fact, by the time you add the 16 inch rims on it, the vehicle costs more than my husband's education at a private college. Again, GET. A. JOB.

And finally, #3. I absolutely hate it when people play the race card. So what? I don't care if you came from the MOON. I'm pretty sure my ancestors were wronged at some point in the past few centuries. I'm also pretty sure they didn't speak English. Until they migrated to the FABULOUS U.S. of A. You consider yourself a minority. And? Would you like me to give you a free education? Oh wait, that's already done. I know people who have come from other countries. Who didn't speak a lick of English. Yet, a few years down the road, here they are in the land of opportunity holding high-paying, high powered jobs. Because why? They didn't use skin color or nationality as a crutch. They came, they saw, they conquered. Again, I don't care what color you are or where you came from, set a goal, and go for it. And yes, no matter who you are or where you're from, you should be proud of your heritage and your nationality. That should always be something you take with you and remember.


Well, so I could continue on this forever. But I won't. I just get tired of watching the news and seeing our president and every other politician rant and rave and act like idiots. I'm pretty sure this is not the kind of country our forefathers intended us to be. After all, we were founded on Christian values and principles, however, we just elected a president who was too shady to admit where his values stood. (Except when it came to abortion. Don't even get me on THAT soapbox.)

If our country continues down this crazy path, we'll all be owned by China or Japan in about 30 to 50 years. Give it time. We're already halfway there.

5 comments:

Deltaflute said...

I can see that your a bit upset, but hear me out a little bit.

I've worked in the poorest part of town and I'm not saying that everyone I know has their head on straight, but many people from more affluent neighborhoods don't have their head on straight either. The biggest difference is those who are affluent (who don't have their head on) has someone or something (like a trust fund) who allows them to do stupid stuff. Poor people's safety net is welfare. More people get more upset about welfare than they do get upset about the trust fund babies. Mainly because we pay for welfare, but that isn't going to fix the problem.

That being said not everyone falls into the three categories: disabled, veteran, or old. A lot of welfare receipants are refugees trying to make it the US. They came here because family members were being killed and they didn't have a choice. They are just starting out and they have literally nothing. No clothes, no pots or pans, no toiletries. Nothing. One of the ladies I know told me that she went to a refugees house to visit and brought her some basics. Her and her husband were excited over receiving shampoo because they hadn't had any for three days. Can you imagine not having shampoo for three days? You said you take a bath twice a day. I bet it would be hard to go without the shampoo. And this is America not Bolivia.

A lot of welfare receipants are people who did have jobs but lost them. These same people do work minimum wage jobs, which unfortunately where I live doesn't cover the cost of rent let alone food, the bus pass, electricity, etc. Minimum wage means different things when dealing with the cost of living. You said your first house cost you 100,000. My condo which is not that big (at least compared to your first house which had a yard and things) was 118,000. The average cost of rent here is 750 a month. In New York it's in the 1,000s. I think MS to rent even in Jackson you can get away with 400 for a decent place.

And as you say people go back to school but you still have to find a way to support your family. Student loans are such that the strings won't allow you to use them to feed your family. One lady I know lost her job and decided to go back to school, but she has four children and one on the way.

Deltaflute said...

And for having children, for some a child just happens. The lady I mentioned was using birth control measures. They didn't work. And then again for some people it's against their religious beliefs.

And yes, Obama went crazy with the spending package. But the health care reform is desperately needed. I've gone without medical insurance and right now I'm living on my husband's student insurance. It sucks. We don't have the greatest of coverage. Mostly what I want is not to be turned away because of a preexsisting condition or have to pay a high premium because I'm some sort of risk. As a Candian friend told me, "In Canada you die waiting for medical treatment. In the US you die because you can't afford medical treatment." No one should have to die. That's just plain wrong.

Do people milk the system? Sure they do. It would be silly to think that everyone's honest because people aren't. People are inherantly selfish. I've just learned more about what the rest of the US is really like because I've lived in a lot of different places. MS isn't concerned about border issues. Where I live, you are because so many people die everyday trying to cross. Does that mean people in MS are selfish because their border is the Gulf and it's not a high priority? No, it just means they aren't informed because they don't live near a border.

Oh, and war. I'm a pacifist. I've never believed that any war is justified. Sorry. I know that we have a ton of relatives in the military and that my dad was in the military. But I can't kill people not criminals, not babies, not crazed religious zealots. Jesus didn't kill people. I can't either.

And the planet. I'm not eco friendly because I want to "save the planet." I'm that way because I want to breath. That's all.

And that's my two cents. Take em or leave em. And no I'm not a liberal. I'm a moderate. If you live in MS you're who life, I don't think you have ever met anyone who is a real liberal. I know a few anarchists. Now that's liberal.

The Miller's Blog said...

I certainly see your point. My point is, if nothing else, the welfare system needs a complete overhaul. There are still THOUSANDS that take advantage of the system.

Health care plan is still a bad idea. too much like socialism. I don't want anyone telling me where and when I can can go see a doctor. My dad is for the healthcare plan. He thinks it's a good idea. But, whatever. Sometimes it's best to agree to disagree. Especially with family. And you are my family and I totally respect your opinion and I can see your points.

The Miller's Blog said...

And as far as the education thing.... that's why they have school at night. Chad graduated undergrad then decided to go back after we were married, we were both working full time, and at one point I was pregnant with Brennan. It's hard, but if you want that degree and that money, plain and simple it's worth it.

Just sayin'.

No hard feelings over anyone's opinions. :-)

Deltaflute said...

Some degrees don't offer night school. And like I said, she lost her job and couldn't find another one when she decided to switch careers. But it's not for me to judge why she made the decision she did.

I've never said that I was for a health care plan. That's something that I would have to read more about because Canada has universal health care plans and they suck. I do think that there should be health care reform. We need more non-profit health insurance plans out there besides welfare. We need the ability to make more choices without filling someones pockets. It's not right that there are people out there who desperately need coverage but can't get it through work and don't qualify for medicare. That's what happened to me. I don't qualify for medicare and because I was just starting a job, I didn't qualify for insurance through work. A lot of employers make you have a waiting period of 3 months to a year, and for businesses there is not requirement to offer medical coverage. As a country,we are totally relying on the generousity of employers to provide health insurance, and with the economy tanking a lot of small businesses are dumping things like health insurance just to stay afloat.

In my case, I wasn't married and too old to receive coverage from a parent. So what did I do? Nothing. I got mono and ended up paying thousands of dollars out of my own pocket to figure out what the problem was.

And still I am paying a lot with insurance. I quite my job and because it's a small business they don't have to offer Cobra (it's where you pay for six months of coverage to retain your existing insurance, it was a health care reform measure). So I got stuck with my hubby's school insurance which doesn't offer dental, vision, or prescription coverage. So if I had some horrible medical condition like diabetes (which thank God I don't) that required expensive medications, I couldn't afford to purchase them. I have found that this is actually so common that many drug companies are offering to help you by giving you the medications for free or at a reduced cost, but there is the paper work.

Right now, hubby and I live on the tightest budget you've every seen because we have to plan for the hospital costs, any possible complications for the baby, doctor's bills, pediatrician bills, and of course, putting the baby on the health insurance plan. When hubby graduates, we are going to be even more in limbo because there won't be any more medical coverage for any of us, but we won't qualify for medicare either. So anything that comes up during that time period, we won't be covered for. BTW temporary coverage will not help for pre-exsisiting conditions. If you get temporary coverage and then have heart problems (for example), and then try to get a long term plan. You will be denied. Right now there are reform bills in the House and Senate that will not deny children who have pre-exsisting conditions but for adults it seems that won't be potentially straightened out for two or three more years. It makes me nervous.

I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that hubby can find a job before he finishes school. His advisor was talking about offering him a post doctor position, but the insurance coverage under that is the same as the student's get.