I was reading fellow blogger, Katie Jane's, blog who is expecting a little boy soon. She was talking about the cravings she has had while pregnant. It got me to thinking back to my two pregnancies.
With Brennan, I worked full time, had less time to eat, yet I gained the most weight. Maybe it could have been because of the cinnamon Pop-Tarts I craved AND the gallon of whole milk I would consume on a DAILY basis. And, gee, I couldn't quite figure out why I gained over 50 pounds and looked like the Stay-Puff Marshmallow Man from Ghost-Busters.
When I was pregnant with Ethan I didn't know it for about 6 weeks. I was training for a half-marathon and completed a half-marathon, and I had just finished training for and running a full marathon, so I was in a little better shape. Although I quit running completely after I found out I was pregnant, I tried to do a little better with my eating. However, one of my cravings for some wacko reason was an ice cold beer. Oh, yes. Beer. And no, I don't even LIKE beer. I don't drink it. Period. But yet, I would wake up at night thinking about chugging down a cold beer in a glass that was ice cold. (And don't worry, I consumed NO beer in the making of my youngest.) But this my friends, goes to show you the kinds of things that pregnancy will do to one's mind and body......
Sunday, January 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
My kids
(29)
Around the house
(14)
Identity theft
(10)
Books
(9)
Dirty politics
(5)
I love my job
(2)










3 comments:
The title to this Blog SCARED ME, so I had to come read it !
WHEW !
So, did you ever have that beer?!?! I'm kidding!! That's some craving!
Hysterical!!!! I love it!!!
Post a Comment