20 Random facts about yours truly:
#1. I love soggy cereal. It's better after it loses it's crunch.
#2. Every bone in my body is nostalgic. Which might be one reason I love Elvis so much. If I believed in reincarnation I would think that I had once been a housewife in pearls and high heels in 1940's or 50's suburban life. But, I don't believe in that kind of stuff. However, I do love things from that era. People seemed to have so much more class and it was before everyone in this world seemed to go off the deep end. Simpler times for sure.
#3. I DREAD turning 30. I mean, like people dread having a root canal or giving birth with no drugs. I am going to go into hiding that week. And if I do come out for reasons unknown, I will be wearing all black.
#4. I ran a marathon in 2007 and a half-marathon in 2008. I HATED every last second of it. The only reason I stuck with the training is because I wanted to socialize with all my new friends. That is the ONLY reason it became tolerable for me. I hate any form of exercise. And I use HATE in every sense of the word. Loathe might be even better.
#5. Sweating is very painful and traumatic for me. Yet I would live somewhere like Nicaragua or Honduras in an instant if I could be a missionary. Which, I guess I could be a missionary, but my husband and children might miss me. Or they may not.
#6. I love to collect and read books. Everyone brags on their Kindle, and I know it's great, but give me a book in hand any day over an electronic device.
#7. I am the whitest white girl you will ever meet. And by that, I mean, I don't believe in frying my skin just to have a tan. I can tan, I just choose not to. There was a day in time that I would pay big bucks to lie in a tanning bed and cook my skin. Then I realized how ridiculous that was. You may need sunglasses if I ever wear shorts (which is rarely) but hopefully my skin will thank me in about 30 years.
#8. I love my job. And I mean all aspects of it. I guess I should say I love dentistry. But I also love my job as in I love who I work for and the people I work with. And our patients are awesome. I wanted to go to dental school a few years ago, but then babies happened and quite frankly, I'm glad I don't have the pressure of owning a business and dealing with some of the lu-lu's out there. That would probably cause me to hate the profession.
#9. Lipstick is my favorite accessory. I know it's not an accessory for real, but bright pink lips could be considered one. The pinker the better.
#10. I will spend $5 on a good cup of coffee and not give it a second thought, but will think twice before paying over $10 for clothing.
#11. I love my Toyota Camry. It has 226,784 miles on it right now and she still runs great. I will never own a better car.
#12. I will scrub a toilet before I dust. I hate to dust. It's such a waste of my time.
#13. My fuse is short and when my fuse has been lit, I mouth off before I have a chance to cool down. It's a weakness. But, when you tick me off it can get pretty bad. I try to get better as I get older, but it's only getting worse. Pray for me.
#14. I love Cherry cokes from Sonic. But what's even better is a cold Coke in a glass bottle. Carbonated drinks are another weakness of mine.
#15. So is chocolate.
#16. I don't like other people's kids. I don't care how cute they are. Sometimes I don't even like my own.
#17. I can clean pee, poop, and boogers up all day long. But puke is something I can't handle. It will start a chain reaction.
#18. I am a plain and simple person. I don't dress over the top and I don't wear a lot of jewelry. My wedding ring, and a pair of earrings are the only essentials for a normal outfit. If I'm feeling adventurous, I'll wear my watch and a necklace.
#19. My biggest fear is losing one of my children. Sometimes I get crippled by that fear. Just thinking about the possibility. Again, it's a weakness because it really distracts me sometimes.
#20. I have never been on a diet in my life and I don't ever intend to diet. The closest I came was after I had Brennan and drank a Slim Fast for lunch every day. But that didn't really count because I didn't change anything else about my eating habits.
And there are 20 random facts about me. If you have a blog, tag you're it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
My kids
(29)
Around the house
(14)
Identity theft
(10)
Books
(9)
Dirty politics
(5)
I love my job
(2)










2 comments:
When I read #16 I thought we could be long lost sisters! Too funny!
Mandy, I love you!! I am going to post my 20..
Post a Comment