Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Boredom......

We said good-bye to my grandfather on Saturday. We laid his body to rest next to my grandmother's. It still seems surreal. My grandfather, who has been through so much and lived such a full life and had so many trials in his later years, finally took his last breath after running the race, fighting the good fight, and above all else, keeping his faith. We have so many memories to treasure. But a part of me still doesn't feel like it has totally sank in with my heart yet.

I will move on, however, and leave you with some random thoughts:

Yesterday Chad bought a case of Coca-Cola's (just plain Coke's as their known in the south) in those little glass bottles. I forget how good carbonation can taste in glass bottles. It just isn't the same in a metal can or a plastic bottle. They were quite a splurge, but well worth it.

Brennan starts swim lessons soon. We're long overdue, I know, but there hasn't been a place convenient and affordable until now. And it's not that convenient, but it's affordable.

I want a vacation so bad I can't stand it. Even for just a few short days. Even if it's in a town that's any other place but here. I would take a long weekend. Anywhere.

I hate laundry. Yesterday I had to catch up on almost 2 weeks worth since I had not been home for long periods of time since my grandfather was first hospitalized. I thought it would never end. And by the time I had the whites and darks washed, my family had already gone through about 2 sets of clothes EACH by the end of the day. I still haven't completely caught up. Next time I will freaking hire somebody.

Last but not least, I went from running full speed ahead and no time to even catch up on laundry, to having nothing to do. B-O-R-E-D. We are closed this week (our office) for vacation (I think this was the week my boss was hoping to be moving out of our current office into our new location, but it's been delayed for a few weeks) and I have nothing on my agenda after finally settling down from recent weeks. I thought I would enjoy these days of "boredom" but it's too hot to do anything fun outside unless you own a pool (which we don't) and 2 boys cooped up in a house for long stretches of time equals everyone wants to kill each other by the end of the day. Hoping to find something fun to do.

No comments: