Revelation 21:4
4 ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’[a] or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”
It's been another one of those weeks. A roller coaster of all sorts of emotions. So many hurting and so many brokenhearted. So many crushed in spirit.
The week started off well enough with the death of bin Laden. While I do not celebrate the death of any human being---God's creation---- Osama (or Usama as some spell it) had 10 years to show remorse and repent of the evil he stirred and orchestrated. While it was not up to us to judge his actions, he gave America a huge black eye in the name of pure evil. When I heard about the press conference on Sunday night and that Obama had some big news, I, like the rest of America wondered what had happened now. I never imagined it would be the news that it was. It brought back so many emotions from 9/11. All of us will always remember what we were doing at the exact moment the planes hit the towers and just as well, all of us will remember what we were doing the exact moment we heard the words, "Osama has been killed."
I have no shameful regrets that I was a George W. supporter every moment he was in office. I still am. I adore him. He believed America had a mission and although it took 10 years to accomplish, it was accomplished. I just wish America could have heard W. utter the words that bin Laden was history. As I tried getting some sleep after hearing the news, my heart was pounding and I kept thinking again and again how very proud I was for being and American at that moment and how very proud I was of our military and all the sacrifices they had made for many, many years. And will still continue to make. The words to Toby Keith's song kept replaying in my head all Sunday night. One of the best lines to such a great song:
Justice will be served
And the battle will rage
This big dog will fight
When you rattle his cage
And you'll be sorry that you messed with
The U.S. of A.
'cause we'll put a boot in your a**
It's the American way
And justice, my friends, was definitely served. It took us 10 years, but we certainly put our boot where it belonged.............
But as much as victory was being exclaimed all across the nation, life was still being lived all over America. Not only were tornado victims still trying to pick up the pieces, but all up and down the mighty Mississippi river, people were trying to prepare themselves for a lot of losses and a lot of heartbreak. Watching the news is devastating. They interviewed one senior citizen today who had lived in her house in Satartia, Ms for 35 years. She was moving out for good. She was told that after the flood took over, only her rooftop would be visible, and that the water would not likely recede completely out of her home until mid-July. What a hard blow that must be. A house that is paid for. A home that you have made for so many years. Knowing you are having to say good-bye and cut the loss. They interviewed farmers near Memphis who had already lost their farms due to the floods when the Army Corps of Engineers decided to purposely flood the land. Both farmers choked up when referring the their loss.
Last night my mom called me to tell me that my middle brother, who lives on the Ms Gulf Coast, had called to tell her that one of his closest friends had just been told that his 9 week old baby had stopped breathing at daycare and passed away. This morning my brother called again to say that this same couple who lost their infant yesterday was now rushing their 2 year old via helicopter to Mobile, Alabama because she woke up extremely sick this morning and it didn't seem to look very good. I have not stopped crying for this family. Maybe it's a combination of all the sorrow and grief and sadness that this nation in general and this world in general has been facing.
Everything that is happening has been predicted. It has all been foretold. For this couple in particular dealing with the death of their baby and now a deathly sick toddler, I can't answer why God would allow something like this to happen. Personally, as a child of God, I would definitely be angry with God. It's part of my human nature. But I do know that regardless of how angry I would become, I would still find some sort of peace in knowing that God is GOOD all the time. He is Sovereign. He is all knowing. He doesn't get weak or weary like we do. He doesn't get tired of hearing our pleas and our prayers. He calls for us to do just that. So, I urge all of you to please, not only pray for these about to be devastated by the remnants of all the nasty weather we've had over the past few months, but pray for this family who is crushed in spirit. Brokenhearted and in great despair. We have been promised that God will never leave us nor forsake us. And we have been promised the crown of life after enduring life here on earth. And we have also been promised that God works for the GOOD of those who love Him because He is a GOOD God.
Romans 8:28
28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who[a] have been called according to his purpose.
Isaiah 41:10
10 So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Psalm 147:3
3 He heals the brokenhearted
and binds up their wounds.










No comments:
Post a Comment