I love, love, love reading books. When I don't have a good book to read I get very antsy-- so I'm always looking for something good to pick up and read. Watching television is hard for me to do these days--- even with a DVR, and I always need something to help me wind down at night.
Here are a few I've read in the past few months:
Here are a few I've read in the past few months:

I just finished this one by Jodi Picoult. I am a HUGE Picoult fan and have read almost everything she has written. This book was definitely one of her best yet. I left this book in our hotel room when we went to Memphis a few weekends ago. My mom bought it for me at Wal-Mart for $12. I was using a doctor's receipt as my bookmark (lesson learned) so I wanted my book back so no one would be tempted to pass around personal info. A $12 book cost us $35 via FedEx. Another lesson learned.
This book is centered around a teenager with autism (Asperger's Syndrome-- which is a more functional level of autism) and how he is obsessed with forensic science and recreating crime scenes and crashing police crime scenes. Then he gets caught up in his own REAL drama by being accused of murder. Good, easy read.

So, this one isn't really a book that you sit down a read per se. But it is a study about King David. It's meant to be a 10 week study, but the group of girls I am doing this with and myself have a hard time meeting weekly. So we try to meet every 2 weeks. It is very in-depth and there are 5 days in each week that you spend doing the devotion part of it. The devotions take between 30 and 45 minutes each. I love studying about King David and I love the way Beth Moore puts all things into perspective. If you have never done a Beth Moore study, this one is excellent. But any of her studies are excellent. Beth Moore is an awesome teacher on all things Biblical.
I've said it before and I'll say it again. And again and again. LOVE this man. This book confirmed my love and admiration for him even more. What a grounded, HONEST, loyal hero to America and her history. I love that he makes no apologies for anything he did and stood up for. He also makes no apologies for being a follower of Christ. We need a House and a Senate full of men AND women of integrity like him.
I had bought his wife's book and read it last fall. I must admit, her book was boring. She is very detailed about EVERYTHING. To the point it just got plain, well, boring. I was about 2 chapters from finishing it and I never picked it back up. Then I lost a little respect for her after I saw an interview of her telling how she was pro-choice and pro-same sex marriage.
I had bought his wife's book and read it last fall. I must admit, her book was boring. She is very detailed about EVERYTHING. To the point it just got plain, well, boring. I was about 2 chapters from finishing it and I never picked it back up. Then I lost a little respect for her after I saw an interview of her telling how she was pro-choice and pro-same sex marriage.

If you NEVER read another book so long as you live, you MUST read this one. My jaw was on the floor the ENTIRE time I read this (which it only took me about 2 hours). I must admit, I am always a little skeptical (okay-- A LOT) about things like this. (In case you haven't heard about this book, it's about a 4 year old who claims to have had an outer body experience during emergency surgery and takes a trip to Heaven. He describes in unbelievable detail the things he saw and the people he encountered and an uncanny description of Jesus. Things that are recorded in the Bible, including the book of Revelation, but that he had not been told in his 4 short years.) Even if he never physically left his body and just had an incredible dream, it is still the power of God at work. God has used the supernatural AND dreams to reveal himself and His Son to people. The little boy, Colton, was even able to tell about seeing his parents and describe in detail where they were in the hospital and what they were doing the moments he was in surgery. I was in awe while reading this book and still am. Believer or not, this book is powerful. I have never had such a huge amount of peace like I did at 11:00 last night when I finished this book. I was overcome with a peace like nothing else. I believe that even 2,000 years after the crucifixion and resurrection of our Savior, that He still reveals Himself to us in profound, supernatural ways--- just like He did all throughout the Bible.
READ IT!!!!!
READ IT!!!!!










No comments:
Post a Comment