Saturday, November 22, 2008

Christmas cards and sickness.....

So, it's getting to be THAT TIME of year again! I've been on a mission since August of this year to find the perfect Christmas card to send out. Besides decorating my home for Christmas, sending out Christmas cards is my favorite thing to do. Every year I have to have the perfect picture and the perfect card. Of course, with our budget being tight this year I'm going to have to be a little less picky. But, I'm ready to take the picture and send out the cards!

Other updates: My poor Ethan has been extremely sick this week. I've taken him to the doctor twice within a 24 hour period. I've shelled out fifty bucks for both doctors to tell me the same thing: Just a bad upper respiratory infection and since he's so little there's nothing that can be done but give him Tylenol every 6 hours. What's with this new rule that you're not supposed to give young children cold medicine anymore?! How long have kids been taking that stuff?! Years. I think it's ridiculous when a child is suffering and there's "nothing that can be done". Of course, I didn't go to medical school, so all I can do is take the doctors word for it and watch my baby suffer. He's so sick that he's lost his voice and he can't even cry. It's the most pitiful thing I have ever seen. They pricked his finger today to check his white blood cell count and he wanted to cry but no sound would come out. It broke my heart. I wish I could take away the miserableness he's feeling right now and wish it upon myself. Fortunately he's sleeping a good bit and he's still nursing like usual. Hopefully the worst will be over by tomorrow. I don't think I can stand to see him like he is much longer.

Anyway, Thanksgiving is this week, which at my house, means it's time to put up some decorations and the Christmas tree! Chad has all week off so he said we could decorate on Wednesday!!! (Not that I needed his permission, mind you.) Of course, I have to work on Wednesday so I told him he could have everything out of the attic and ready to go when I get home from work that day. That on top of him painting Brennan and Ethan's bathroom. (The same bathroom I stripped wallpaper off SEVEN months ago!) We've been so busy and preoccupied that the bathroom was put at the bottom of our to-do list. Hopefully it will be finished this week, though. Once that is finished my house will be put back in order for the most part. Up next, wood floors..... (Chad are you reading this?)

2 comments:

The Reed's Blog said...

I feel your pain! Raylee started getting sick at 3 weeks old with congestion and ear infections. They gave us some medicine for the ears but not the congestion. They said she was too young. I didnt understand it at all and was SO frustrated. Now she is 4 months and they are just now starting to give her stuff when she's sick. Hope he feels better!

Chicago_or_Bust said...

Sorry Mr Ethan is so sick. Yeah, newest info says not to use cold medicine on kids. Don't understand what's changed since my kids were little, who knows.?.

Hey, congrats to Chad on being elected Secretary of the Miss. Society of CPA's. Way to go, ole boy !!!!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Clark