So Ethan made a trip to the doctor for the THIRD, count 'em, third time since Friday. He was not getting any better, still running fever, and miserable. Chad called first thing this morning and since Chad had taken all week off for Thanksgiving he went ahead and took him in. Well, guess what, folks? After being checked Friday AND Saturday (by two different doctors, neither our normal pediatrician) his regular pediatrician diagnosed him with RSV. Yes, RSV. AND also a double ear infection. I am a bit on the unhappy side right now and I think I might be calling the pediatrician's office tomorrow and talking to someone about this situation. I don't understand how he can go from showing no signs of RSV and an ear infection to full-blown RSV and TWO ear infections in less than 48 hours. Perhaps they can offer an explanation for this. That would be great. Otherwise I want to know why it wasn't caught on the second visit, if not the first. Furthermore, it could have saved us $75. Which, I don't want to make money an issue because I would sell the house if it meant making my child well, but by the time the three doctor visits were over and the prescriptions were filled we shelled out $125. That's something we don't really have lying around waiting for a rainy day. But, in the end, he was given an injection of antibiotics, was given a written prescription for Augmentin, AND is having to do breathing treatments every couple of hours. He does look 100% better just after having that injection and doing a couple of breathing treatments. But, I still am going to call the nurse and find out exactly what the hold up was in determining the REAL cause of all his symptoms.
Anyhow, so this is a sort of amusing story. I went to work today while Chad stayed home. I left a few dishes in the sink thinking they would at least make it to the dishwasher today, even if nothing else got done around the house. Well, nothing got done around the house AND the dishes are still in the sink. Actually, they were still in the sink until about 15 minutes ago when I put them in there myself. Not one thing had been put in it's proper place today and I don't recall checking, but I'm sure the bed is still unmade from this morning. So I asked Chad how he would like reversing roles. I could go to work everyday and he could stay home with the boys. His response was this: "HELL NO." I think he got a small taste of what my day is like. So now I won't feel quite so guilty if there are a few things left undone at the end of the day when he gets home from work. Oh, and dinner? Forget about it. He and Brennan went to eat with Chad's mom. Go figure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
My kids
(29)
Around the house
(14)
Identity theft
(10)
Books
(9)
Dirty politics
(5)
I love my job
(2)










2 comments:
Girl, I so feel your pain! Those ear infection can happen fast. The same thing happen with Raylee. We went to the after hours clinic Thursday night and no ear infection just congested and had to go back Sunday afternoon and she had the double ear infection. I asked the same question and the only response I got was when they are little like that they can get really sick really quick. Who knows! Hope he gets to feeling better!
wow, lots of prayers for you and baby Ethan. Poor thing. I'd be calling the nurse too, someone dropped the ball for sure. and they should reimburse you at least for one visit.
Happy Thanksgiving!
PS: the first weeks that Claude stayed home with the twins the house looked like a tornado hit it. He has now figured out how to pick up, clean the kitchen, and even cook from time to time. :D
Post a Comment