Tuesday, November 4, 2008

VOTE!

I got out and voted today. How about you? I even took my boys (not that one really had a clue what was going on), and explained to Brennan the importance of what was happening. I don't think he really got it, but I could tell he was thinking about what I was telling him. I'm glad I got to take him. Maybe this will be one thing that sticks in his head as he gets older. It is very important to exercise that right, and every vote counts. If the past two elections haven't taught us that, I don't know what else will.

I don't really care who you voted for, that's your right, (I wish to offend no one) but I put my ballot in for McCain. I read an article on the Clarion-Ledger website, and they quoted a college student who drove five hours round trip to go home and vote this morning. I like what he said: “John McCain all the way. I’m conservative, and the liberal views of (Barack) Obama are totally different from my values.

“McCain gave us 5 1/2 years (as a POW during the Vietnam War). The least we can do is give him four.”

I learned a lot about both candidates during this election. I think Barack is very well spoken and educated, and he carries himself well. However, I don't agree with 95% of the changes he thinks we need. Not that I agree with McCain on 100% of his views, but he has values I think we can be proud of, and the stand he takes on most issues has gotten my vote. I watched all 3 debates, and I learned where the candidates stand on issues. I can't say that for everyone else in America. I would hope that most everyone has done their homework and researched the candidates and what they really stand for, and where they came from, and where they want to take this country.

Now, if you haven't done so, GO VOTE!!!! It's your right as an American. Be proud we can have a voice in who we want to run this country. And if your particular candidate loses this election, you still have the right to complain for the next four years. :-)

No comments: