Sunday, November 16, 2008

Foley is magical.....

Well, I made it back. Foley is such a magical place. All your dreams can come true there. ESPECIALLY if you go with no husband. Although my most spectacular find of the weekend were some really cute shoes that had a price tag of $70 and I left the store with them after only paying $9.41. It was the very last pair and the exact size I needed. Was this a sign that they were meant for me? I think so... And is this the kind of magic that goes on in Foley? YES! Yes, it is. I'm already counting down the days before our trip next year.

The weekend definitely had it's story-making moments. One consisted of a girl in our group smuggling a chicken wrap from Chick-Fil-A into LuLu's restaurant (Jimmy Buffet's wife, for those of you who, like me, didn't know either such wife OR restaurant existed) and eating said chicken wrap after demanding the waiter bring her a brownie and ice cream when he brought our drinks out. So, she had her smuggled wrap and brownie devoured before we even had our meals in front of us. If you knew anything about this girl you wouldn't even question this little episode.

For this next one I need all males to close their ears/eyes, and anyone with weak stomachs. I did what no woman ever wants to do. I pumped in a very, very public bathroom. In a corner I took out my machine and had two girls stand cover and hide me. This was NOT my suggestion, but I was on the trip with a very feisty nurse who DEMANDED I take care of business as usual. Baby or not. The things I said I'd NEVER do.... Desperate times call for desperate measures I guess.....

1 comment:

Chicago_or_Bust said...

Sounds like ya'll had a great time.

Jana's late friend, Joy, claimed to have a "Shopping Angel" when she got such bargains - looks like you may have found one also!

I think Lucy Buffet is Jimmy's sister, but not really sure. We went there for the first time on our trip to Gulf Shore in September - had a great lunch!

Glad you had such a well-deserved girls trip !

Clark