Here was a conversation between Brennan and me after I picked up some pebbles in the vacuum cleaner from the thousands of rocks Brennan likes to collect. It went as follows:
Mandy: Brennan, I just vacuumed up some of your rocks and I don't want to see another one on the floor because it will tear the vacuum cleaner up. Do you understand?
Brennan: I understand, but why don't we just get a new vacuum cleaner if it breaks?
Mandy: Because we don't have money to spend on a new vacuum cleaner right now. They cost a lot of money.
Brennan: Well isn't that what you go to work for?
Mandy: What do you mean? I go to work so I can earn money, yes.
Brennan: Well, why don't you just go back to work so you can buy some more money?
Mandy: It doesn't really work that way, Brennan. And I don't make a lot of money. Not enough to buy a new vacuum cleaner.
Brennan: Well just go back to work for a longer time and tell them you need to buy more money for a new vacuum cleaner.
Which this whole conversation reminds me of one we had a few weeks ago after withdrawing some cash out of the bank. Brennan was convinced that every time we needed money from that point forward, we just drove up to "that window" and bought some money from the lady who gave him the suckers. I really wish life was that easy.
Buying money. What a fascinating concept. Meanwhile my 6 month old was squealing and hollering in the background just because he's recently developed a love for his own voice. He squeals as loud as he can just because he loves to hear himself squeal. Never a dull or quiet moment in this house. NEVER.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
My kids
(29)
Around the house
(14)
Identity theft
(10)
Books
(9)
Dirty politics
(5)
I love my job
(2)










1 comment:
This is classic! I want to buy more money from that lady with the suckers!
Post a Comment