After many months the search is finally over. What is this search I am referring to? American Idol? No. Dancing with the Stars? No. I'm talking about my brand new comforter set for my bedroom! I am so excited we finally found one. We've been in this house almost four years and we bought new stuff when we moved in the house. After 2 kids and 1 dog, it was time to be replaced. It was a goose down comforter and every time it got washed, feathers could be found floating around the house days later. It was starting to look like the goose had lost all his feathers. Again.
Chad and I have been on the search for close to a year. For Christmas we received plenty of cash to find what we wanted. We searched the after-summer sales, the after-Thanksgiving sales, the after-Christmas sales, the New Year sales, we searched endlessly. We found plenty we liked. But what I liked Chad didn't. What Chad liked, I HATED. Then there was the problem of too expensive, too cheap. Too frilly, too plaid. Too white, too dark. Kid/dog-proof, not-so-kid/dog-proof. Wrong size, etc, etc.
Finally "the one" just showed up at my door the other day. Okay, well, more like my mailbox, and it was in the form a picture, not the real thing, but you get the idea. It was on the cover of an advertisement for Bed Bath and Beyond. Chad and I knew that this was the one we were waiting for. After months of shopping, we found our match.
I dashed out north yesterday and they actually had a full stock of them. What we chose is not fancy by any means. One day, when my kids are grown, I will have plenty of fancy (whether Chad likes it or not) in every room. With kids--two boys especially-- fancy doesn't jive in this household. We have nice things, but we also try to buy durable, kid/dog -proof only. I was so excited, but then I realized I had to buy a LITTLE something to go with this set to show that there is a woman who lives here.
I started the search for some throw pillows. Yikes. Those things are not cheap. The set already came with two pillows, but it was just as plain as the rest of the set. (Plain, but nice.) I had plenty of extra money to buy pillows with our Christmas cash, but it hurt my feelings to pay $30 a pillow. I was just about to give up and leave, but as I turned to go I found something that changed my entire world! Pillow covers for throw pillows. Who knew? I had no idea you could buy covers to go over your old throw pillows. I mean, this opens up a whole new door for me. I can change the looks in every room for $9.99. And there are all kinds of designs. All you do is zip that old raggedy throw pillow up in it's new cover and it looks like you've paid $30 for the pillow. I am so in love with this new concept. Total room makeover--the possibilities are endless. And it added such a feminine touch to our new set. I love happy endings.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
My kids
(29)
Around the house
(14)
Identity theft
(10)
Books
(9)
Dirty politics
(5)
I love my job
(2)










4 comments:
We need a picture of this new comforter!!!!
I'll post one as soon as the look is complete-- our walls are bare right now. :-)
ARGH!!! Matt and I have the same problem! I mean, we have only been married for8 months, but we still lack a new comforter. The one we have now is actually just an old blanket and it matches nothing. Everytime we get into bed we are like "this comforter had to go, ASAP!" However, it is always still there when we wake up in the morning!
Post a picture immediately, so I can share in your excitement!
Ooh... I have some old throw pillows I was about the throw away! I'll have to head out to look for some covers... I just got my bedding from BB&B too... wonder if we got the same one!
Post a Comment