Sunday, March 22, 2009

It's a day....

Today was the big day for everyone at our church. We have all been waiting for seven months now to find out who our preacher is going to be. Our last pastor resigned 18 months ago and we have had one interim preacher the entire 18 months. He is actually a CPA who has his own firm and decided to go into the ministry close to 10 years ago. All he has done for those years is transitional/interim preaching, while still continuing with his CPA firm. But, he has always told us no matter what church he goes to, no one even compares to the people and relationships we have at our church. We're pretty much one big family. Long story short, Chris gave us his "YES" today. In response he received an awkward standing ovation-- awkward because he was embarrassed by it, yet humbled. We had formed a pastor search committee because that was what our constitution and by-laws of the church stated we had to do, but pretty much everyone felt that Chris was being lead to lead our congregation. One word for the way God speaks through him: INCREDIBLE. Since he has been there I never want to miss an opportunity to hear God speak through him and I have grown in my personal walk with God because of the way he has used Chris in our church. Even with Chris just being a transitional pastor, our church has grown steadily in membership and ministry opportunities. It's such a great place to be and I am so ecstatic that he feels called to take the position as our pastor. God is good.

On a somewhat different note.... So, my mother-in-law went and got Ethan from the nursery after church this morning. When I saw her she started laughing a little and said that they had gotten bottles mixed up and Ethan had taken another baby's bottle, and another baby had gotten Ethan's bottle. Well, that MIGHT have been something to shrug off any other time, but Ethan had breastmilk in his bottle. So, um, yeah.... that means some other baby, who I HOPE was formula fed, had breastmilk from someone else's mother. I addressed this situation, which ultimately could be my fault. I don't label all of Ethan's things because he doesn't go to daycare and I just don't think about it when we go to church. And normally they have labels in the nursery that we fill out and stick on the child's back and one we stick on their diaper bag. Well, they are revamping some things in the nursery and those never got put out this morning. So, with ten babies in the room I imagine things got a little confusing. But, that is not an excuse. I addressed it with the nursery workers and the one who actually did it was so embarrassed-- to say the least. I didn't want her to feel bad. It wasn't really her fault. I just don't understand why there were no labels out with so many babies in our nursery. Anyway, it was an accident, and accidents happen. HOWEVER, I will say that that is one reason among many others as to why my children do not go to daycare. Because those things happen more often than parents realize in daycare. I know, I worked in two daycares throughout high school and college. YIKES.

No comments: