So today I had a lab practical. I knew this practical would be the test from H-E-double-hockey-sticks. It was a test on the bones. The bones of the skull, and the rest of the body aaaalllll the way down. Bones are bones. They don't change. They don't become something else. They are what they are. Memorize them, and you've aced the test. The problem with that is this: There are about a gazillion trillion bones in the human body. Not only are there a gazillion trillion bones, but there are features and special parts to each and every friggin' bone. But the gazillion trillion bones only apply to the body from the cervical vertebrae down, there are a million more in the skull itself.
Here's the funny part. I was jacked up on something highly caffeinated. To say the least. In case you don't know much about me, I am a total insomniac. If you know me AT ALL, you already know that. Today I had a hard time staying awake and focused all afternoon at work. (Didn't sleep much last night.) I kept drifting off to sleep with my eyes open. (Shhhh... don't tell my boss.) So, anyway, on the way to class tonight I stopped at my usual stopping place. I'm all about some caffeine and maybe some chocolate. Today I decided to go for the big guns. I got brave. I saw something tempting. In a pretty brown can. With a big, fancy, high-energy name. "Full Throttle" said the can. So shiny......
I took about two sips of it when I read the label: "Not recommended for pregnant or nursing women." Hmmmm..... Do I pretend I didn't read that or do I just NOT care at this point? I just decided not to care. I didn't drink the entire can, I just wanted enough to get me through the next 6 hours of my life.
Needless to say, when it came time to take this killer practical, not only was I nervous anyway, but my heart started pounding uncontrollably, my leg was bouncing all over the place, and I finally realized I think I did more harm than good by "giving myself wings" (as Red Bull likes to declare). I couldn't figure out why in the heck I was so nervous. I knew it would be a tricky practical, but I had never gotten this worked up over a test before. Stupid drink. Although, I did feel really smart in class and stayed focused a lot longer than normal. Fortunately Ethan wasn't affected. He's asleep. For now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
My kids
(29)
Around the house
(14)
Identity theft
(10)
Books
(9)
Dirty politics
(5)
I love my job
(2)










2 comments:
That's hilarious. As a fellow insomniac and energy drink addict, I can tell you that Full Throttle is very addictive, especially the "Full Throttle Fury" flavor. "Full Throttle Blue Demon" is also pretty good. Monster Energy Assault is one of my all time favorites. The Rockstar Energy drinks have gotten better as well. Of course, Red Bull is pretty good, just ridiculously overpriced as opposed to just way over priced like the other energy drinks.
Anyway, now that I've gotten you all pumped up about energy drinks, you should probably stay away from them if you are nursing or pregnant. Most of these drinks have lots of guarana, and if you don't drink the low calorie version, lots of sugar too.
It's so funny, they have all kinds of different energy drinks here at Children's Hospital in Birmingham. I have no idea why. My best guess is that they think the parents might need a pick-me-up.
Oh well, if energy drinks help you remember the gazillion bones better, you gotta do what you gotta do. Knock it out!!
I haven't had an energy drink since we trained for Chicago. They always make me jittery, but never did while we were training. But if it helps you with school, then buy more!
Post a Comment