Yes, today is a good day. A good day indeed. And here is why today is a good day: I received a phone call from the Florence Police Department this morning. The detective who wrote up my police report when my identity was stolen called to inform me that the police in California have located the _______ (fill in the blank--I would have chosen to put an ugly word there) who stole my i.d. Here is the most fascinating part: She bought not ONE, but TWO Harley Davidson motorcycles in my name. Sixty-thousand dollars worth of motorcycles. Funny thing is, Harley Davidson NEVER once bothered to tell me that a second one had been purchased in my name. Can we say lawsuit?!
She doesn't sound very bright. At all. She brought in one of the bikes to be serviced, and while they were servicing it, they pulled the VIN, saw the account had been flagged, then I assume that's when they proceeded to call the police. I think Harley is more smokin' hot than I am right now. They have 60 grand of stolen merchandise. Funny thing is, the police in California said this girl is hot and bothered about getting her bike back. They've obviously had it for a few days now, trying to stall so they can get all the information they need back here in Mississippi, from the REAL Amanda. As of this morning they had not arrested her, but they knew where she was, and that she was ready to come get her newly serviced $30,000 motorcycle.
Oh, and she's still trying to buy a car. A BMW I believe. I got a call from a credit union yesterday wanting to verify my info so they could go ahead with my credit application. AND she also has an i.d. (I assume a driver's license) that she's been using on a regular basis. So, if she's committed anything illegal, now I will have to clear that too. Who knows, maybe I'll get a free, all expense paid trip to Cali to watch this girl go to jail. Probably not, but it can't hurt to dream.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
My kids
(29)
Around the house
(14)
Identity theft
(10)
Books
(9)
Dirty politics
(5)
I love my job
(2)










3 comments:
Glad they caught her. oh, I thought about you Tuesday. I had a Monster drink (I was so sleepy and driving) and it had me bouncing off the walls!
Glad to hear the good news! Now you can sleep better!
I bought the letters at Michaels and then painted them to match his room.
Girl, some people are just plain stupid! I don't understand how people can steal and be ok with it! Oh well, glad it is coming to an end...
Post a Comment