Friday, May 1, 2009

Disease running rampant......

I hope that I don't sound insensitive. Forgive me, for I may be the first case of swine--excuse me-- H1N1 flu-- in the state of Mississippi, but I do not understand the mass media's response to this new outbreak of disease. First and foremost, the fact that Joe Biden is taking time away from his appointed duties as vice-president to warn us to stay away from airplanes and subways (yes, I saw it with my own eyes, and heard it with my own ears) somewhat appalls me. How can anyone justify the panic that the media is wanting us to feel? Am I the only one who is a little more concerned with the seasonal flu? I just cannot understand reasoning behind the panic of this newly renamed disease. There are 141 confirmed cases in the entire United States of America. How many people actually live in these great United States? Another thing that really seems to bother me about this: They keep comparing it to the "1918 Pandemic". HELLO???? Come on, 1918 vs. 2009. Enough said. I, personally, have better things to worry about.

No comments: