Tuesday, May 12, 2009











This weekend was a busy one. So busy, in fact, that our yard seems to be the only one in the entire neighborhood that looks a little neglected....(Yes, Chad, I know you are reading this.)

Saturday my friend Missy and I had a rummage sale at our church to raise money to go to Nicaragua. We made $500 total which is actually good considering the junk that was in the sale AND considering we started practically giving stuff away the last hour or so, so we wouldn't have to figure out where to haul it off to. We plan on having another rummage sale in June, but this time we plan on having a lot more stuff. I forget how entertaining garage/rummage sales can be. I actually had a great time doing it, and Missy and I were laughing at the things people got excited about buying. It was hilarious. You know what they say: "One man's trash is another man's treasure." True, so true.

Saturday when I got home, my Mother's Day present was already in progress. Chad was sweeping and mopping the bathroom floors. I do think he felt like he had been working some serious manual labor, and than in itself is a Mother's Day present like no other. Now he sees a little of what I deal with on a daily basis. Especially since he was home with Brennan and Ethan all by himself Saturday morning. Then Saturday night, Chad cooked steak on the grill and we had my mom over for her Mother's Day happy.

A couple of the pictures above are from Sunday morning. We had Ethan dedicated at church, along with about twelve other babies who have been born the past year at our church. After church we had Chad's family over to cook hamburgers and then I got to spend the rest of my Mother's Day--you guessed it-- studying for my FINAL final. However, seeing as how it WAS Mother's Day, and I AM a self-admitted "milker" (and by that I mean, any chance I get to take a "day off", I will do everything in my power to come as close to a day off as I can get-- although mom's NEVER get a true vacation) I talked Chad into going to church with the boys Sunday evening so I could study in peace. I wish I could have used that time just to take those long, hot baths I once had the luxury of, but I didn't-- however tempting it may have been.

So last night, I took my last final. It was a challenge. I have an A for my final grades in Sociology and A&P Lab, but I was one point away from going down to a B in A&P Lecture. So, if I did not ace the test last night (which I know I did NOT), I have a B in one class. But, I have decided I am okay with that. I have had so much going on in my life, that I am not going to sweat a B, and I will not let it consume me. I justify it because I am a mother, a wife, I work, I have had to deal with my identity being stolen, I've been active in church, I volunteer my time to others, and well, I HAVE A LIFE. I have really had to talk myself into settling for a B, as you can tell. But, I am truly okay with it now. Ten years ago, I would have been overjoyed having a B and would not have thought twice about it. I definitely put more pressure on myself as an adult, and knowing that education DOES NOT come free.

Anyway, Brennan's birthday party is this weekend. Rain is in the forecast all week, including Saturday. I am praying for nice weather Saturday afternoon. It can be windy, it can be cloudy, it can even be warm, but PLEASE don't let it rain on us Saturday!!!! I am a glutton for punishment. I knew better than to have my son's birthday party at our house OUTSIDE. If it rains, we will have 10 five-year old's cooped up in our not-so-big house. I will think positive.....

No comments: