Well, here I am with not much to blog about, yet a lot on my mind.
Ethan is growing as fast as a weed, and as much as I love to see him grow and learn, it deeply saddens me. Brennan learned to walk by 10 months. I thought Ethan would be my lazy child and walk around 12 months. Suddenly within the past couple of weeks Ethan woke up one morning and decided he would crawl. A few days later he woke up and decided he would pull up and stand. I have a feeling he might beat Brennan's 10 month walking milestone. With Brennan's first day of kindergarten inching closer and closer it just makes me sadder and sadder. Not only will my oldest be starting school (it doesn't help that he's NEVER been to daycare or 4 year old kindergarten), but Ethan will soon be talking and walking, and all grown up, too.
As I watch Ethan grow and watch his personality really develop, I find it so amusing how different my boys are. When Brennan was around 9 months he was so calm and very passive. Nothing really bothered him. We NEVER had to baby-proof anything in our house because Brennan never got into anything. He sort- of minded his own business. The only baby-proofing we did was putting those plastic things in the electrical sockets. That's it. Well, that and we DID put a gate in between our living room and kitchen just to keep him contained.
With Ethan it's a whole different ballgame. We are about to have to baby-proof EVERYTHING. He's already almost destroyed one of our plants, he's broken one of my glass candle-holders, he's pulled things over on him (including ANOTHER plant that he hasn't tried to eat yet), he eats paper and magazines he finds lying in inconspicuous places, and he loves to try and pull open drawers. Just today alone, I lost count on how many times I have had to "finger-sweep" his mouth. And I keep a close eye on him. He also wants to be where all the action is. If someone leaves the room, and this person had been giving their attention to Ethan within the previous 5 minutes, Ethan screams and lets you know he did not appreciate being "abandoned". He has personality for days. Brennan does too, but in a different way. Brennan has always been able to go off and entertain himself in a corner somewhere. He has a very vivid imagination. Ethan demands attention 24/7. I haven't quite figured out if this has anything to do with my work schedule. When Brennan was small I worked 5 days a week and he was always formula fed-- I never nursed. I only work 2 days now and I nursed Ethan. I'm sure it plays some sort of role in the way Ethan expects to be treated.
I love both my boys, and they so love each other. But they are definitely two very different people. I can tell already. I just wish they didn't grow up quite so fast. I still haven't figured out how it's possible for time to fly by as quickly as it does.
On another note, Chad had to take off work to keep the boys on Tuesday. My mom, who is my normal caregiver while I'm at work, was out of town. When I came home Tuesday, I was deeply amused at Chad's state of mind. I don't think Chad has really ever taken for granted what I do around the house and the time I spend with the boys, but I think staying at home one day for Chad was enough to make him haul it back to work and not think twice. And he didn't even have to cook supper!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
My kids
(29)
Around the house
(14)
Identity theft
(10)
Books
(9)
Dirty politics
(5)
I love my job
(2)










No comments:
Post a Comment