#1) Real vs. Pretend: Why is it that my almost 9 month old has so many toys scattered all over the house, yet he is drawn to the things he KNOWS he isn't supposed to have? For instance--Cell phones. We have about 4 cell phones that are either no longer in use or play cell phones that look like the real thing, and we have my BlackBerry that, as far as Ethan is concerned, does the exact same thing as the play cell phones (lights up and makes noise), yet there is something about that BlackBerry that keeps him entertained for quite awhile. Same thing with remote controls. The real looks just like the play remote, yet there is something about the real remote control that keeps him entertained. Magazines vs. books. He has books that are chewable and almost edible for him, yet he chooses to shred my magazines and coupons to pieces and eat them.
#2) Germs: I really hate germs. The other day I was in Kroger doing some shopping. I had both boys with me (it was a momentary lapse of judgment on my part) and I had a woman stop me to comment on how handsome my boys were. But then she also continued on with how CLEAN they were. Then she thanked me for keeping them so clean. I wasn't sure what this was all about, however, I was very pleased that someone noticed I like CLEAN. I don't like germs on me and I don't like them on my boys. I think I might have already created a monster out of my five year old. I absolutely cannot STAND people wearing shoes on my carpet. Most of the time I make my guests take my shoes off before they come in. That's usually only with family. Although, for the people I don't make take off their shoes, Brennan always informs the guests that no one is allowed to wear their shoes in the house. It drives Chad nuts because almost every shoe I own is in the garage. I take them off as I go inside. Brennan does the same thing most of the time. Same goes with dishwashers and washing dishes. I do not look down on anyone who washes dishes. But I will tell you, I will be hesitant to eat off of dishes I know have not been cleaned in a dishwasher. I WISH I could bring myself to washing more dishes, but I just can't. Even with my own family, I cannot hand wash our dishes and eat off of them without getting a little grossed out.
#3) America: I love my country and I am so glad to have the freedom that I have and I am very proud to call myself an American. However, it sickens me to see what kind of shape we have gotten ourselves into. Everything from same-sex marriage, to pro-choice, to the government bailouts, to our messed up welfare system, to taking prayers out of school and God out of government. I don't care what anyone says, the more we take religion and God out of our country, the worse off we become. America IS the land of the free, but values are no longer black and white in this country. It is a total gray area. I do not like our president, however I have learned to accept that he is now our commander-in-chief, and I must pray that he will do what is right for this country. If the leader of our country fails, then we as a nation fail.
#4) Karma: This is something I do not believe in, and I just don't get this concept. There are good people all over this world, and bad things still happen to good people. Just like good things happen to bad people. I DO, however, believe, that MOST of the time your actions will catch up with you. When you play with fire, you most likely are going to get burned. I have personally learned that the hard way.
#5) Reality television: Okay, I admit. I'm a sucker for a few of the reality shows. "Wife Swap" being one of them. On the other hand I cannot get over how much of American life and the media is controlled by reality television. Let's start with this season's "American Idol". I have not watched that show in about 3 years. But, I have learned you don't have to watch it, to know what's going on with the show. It's everywhere. So what's up with this controversy over Adam and Kris? If one weren't so flamboyant and the other weren't so involved in his church, there would be no controversy. Who cares? Hasn't everyone learned after 8 seasons, that they will BOTH walk away with a record deal? I'm tired of hearing about it. Jon and Kate Plus 8: Whatever made them think it would be a good idea to live life 24/7 in the spotlight with all the chaos in their house anyway? Pull the plug on the show and let America get back to dealing with their own family issues. Those poor kids didn't ask for all that confusion. The Ms. America pageant: Why is it such controversy when someone still believes in traditional marriage? Get over it people and move on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
My kids
(29)
Around the house
(14)
Identity theft
(10)
Books
(9)
Dirty politics
(5)
I love my job
(2)










1 comment:
I too am very distraught over the whole Jon and Kate issue. How sad for them and their kids...And I really did like the show....back in its hay-day.
Post a Comment