Wow, life has been a little hectic the past few days. I'm finally finishing up with school. (Hallelujah.) Originally I wanted to finish all my prerequisites by December, but I have realized what a burden it can be taking all those classes and trying to deal with two small children who are both home all day. (My children are not burdens, the classes are.) Not to mention this has been such a tragic year for so many people I know. And all of them have been so young or ARE so young dealing with issues I don't know how I would ever face. I feel like I should be in no rush to finish something I have plenty of time for later, when my children are older and in school. My number one priority is my family. I have come to realize these are the days I will never get back.
After Rebekah passed away 2 weeks ago, we had another tragedy to hit our church family: Two teenage boys who had been trying to involve themselves in our church, were killed in a car accident Sunday afternoon. It's been a very emotional few weeks for several in our church family. Also, Monday when I arrived at work, my boss was in the process of canceling most of our patients for that morning. He was planning to attend a funeral for a son of one of his old dentist friends/classmate. The son was 18 years old and a perfect student at the honors college at State and ultimately fell over with cardiac arrest. Such an unexpected tragedy. It really puts a perspective on how short life can be and how you really should live each day like it's your last. All of this has really opened my eyes to so many different things.
On a brighter note-- Ethan has just started crawling. He's still getting the hang of it. By the end of this week he will be a lean, mean, crawling machine. The same day he started crawling, he also started to try pulling up. That may take awhile. In the process of pulling up, he usually sees something else to distract him from the task at hand, so he becomes preoccupied with whatever it is that has caught his eye. He also loves to clap his hands. Sometimes he gets so tickled at himself clapping. Also, Brennan will be having a birthday party next weekend. I am excited, yet so sad. I can't believe five years of his life have passed already. The day he starts kindergarten, I will be in Nicaragua. Some might say that is wrong as a mother, but trust me, it's best for us all that way. Otherwise I will be a total disaster his first day of school.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
My kids
(29)
Around the house
(14)
Identity theft
(10)
Books
(9)
Dirty politics
(5)
I love my job
(2)










No comments:
Post a Comment