Thursday, July 2, 2009

Summer......

So, it's been quite a busy summer lately. And it's been a hot one. Very hot. The one thing I can say about the heat is that I've been sleeping very well at night- which is quite unusual for me. I can't believe how fast the month of June came and went. At the end of this month, I will be attending my high school reunion. I'm still in shock that I am "that age". I feel like my 20's came and went before I blinked. Although I still have a couple more years before I'm "over the hill" and 30. Okay, so I won't be over the hill, but I'll feel like it.

Brennan starts school in about 6 weeks or so. I'm still in disbelief that I have a child old enough to go to kindergarten. It just occurred to me that Ethan and I will be left alone at home all day after Brennan starts school. I don't want to sound like an awful parent, but I think it will be good to have Brennan gone during the day. He needs structure outside of our home. I'm so nervous because he has never been to a preschool or daycare environment and we've been having serious discipline problems with him at home. And we've tried EVERYTHING. Denying him privileges, taking toys away, naps, timeout, and spankings. I've cried and cried and have been hoping this is just a phase he is going through. He was such a wonderful, laid back baby and toddler. Somewhere between the ages of 2 and 3 is when he really started changing. We go to church several times a week, and there is somewhat of a structured environment there, but it won't be anything like school. Either one of two things will happen: he will make a total 180 and behave better than he has before, or he will freak out about being in school all day and act out worse than he is now. It's been so bad that I've considered calling the doctor to see if he has any recommendations. I'm frustrated and I'm out of discipline options. He doesn't lack any sort of attention from Chad or me, or anyone else. He has a very stable home environment and he is surrounded by more love than any child could ask for. *sigh* I really pray it's just a phase.

Moving on..... I am preparing to go to Nicaragua in a month. I have been blessed by the opportunity to go and I am really trying to prepare my heart and I have been praying that it will be a life- changing, humbling experience that I will bring back with me when I return. God has really opened a door for me to go and I am so thankful because it has always been my desire to do dentistry in a mission field. So far I have not had to pay a dime for my trip (other than my passport) because people from my church have anonymously given me money, and we have been able to raise a good deal of money from our rummage sales and a couple of other things we have done. We are having a bake sale in a few weeks, and hope to earn some money through that. I only lack about $300. It seems as though everything is falling into place for me to go. I feel honored that I was even approached about going. I didn't think the opportunity would come up this year. I thought I missed out on the chance after not being able to go last year because I was pregnant. So, needless to say, I am so excited! And the closer it gets, the more excited I become.

So, it's been quite a busy summer. Vacation Bible School was last week and it went well. My brother got to come home last week and stay the entire week. We had some great family time. When I get a chance I will post some pictures. For some reason it takes me forever to be able to upload pictures to my blog. I'll post some soon though.

No comments: