Okay, so most anyone who knows anything about me, knows that I am about as conservative as one may get when it comes to politics. I am NOT, repeat NOT and Obama fan, nor is there much I like to hear him say, if anything. However, I feel like I must have missed something here....
Every time I turn on the news, there is controversy surrounding this whole education speech he plans on giving this week. Again, I don't agree with anything Obama says or does, but I don't really understand the drama surrounding this speech. So, feeling like I was being a big dummy, I asked Chad about it, who usually keeps up really well with things going on in the political world. He being just as conservative as I, didn't even really fully understand the controversy surrounding it.
So, I just saw yet another story about the whole speech and how outraged conservative parents are. I watched the whole story thinking maybe they would bring me up to par on something I must have missed, but yet, I heard nothing to think that Obama might be "brainwashing" our children of America, like some conservatives are claiming. Now, if he were presenting a speech about the pros of being an Obama lover, well, then I might have a problem with that.
Mississippi is not showing the speech on television when it airs to students. I don't feel one way or the other about that necessarily, but I still don't get all the controversy. He's telling people to get an education!!!! Maybe people who NEED to listen will listen. Especially people who are Obama supporters.
Still, I feel like I am missing something?????
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
My kids
(29)
Around the house
(14)
Identity theft
(10)
Books
(9)
Dirty politics
(5)
I love my job
(2)










No comments:
Post a Comment