Monday, September 28, 2009

Innocence...

I'm beginning to wonder how a lot of families these days get by without having family dinner together. That seems to be when all of our most interesting conversations come about. I know I have shared a couple of stories of Brennan and some funny things he has said while we are eating dinner. Well, tonight we were sitting at the dinner table (eating yummy burgers cooked on the grill by Chad) and I started telling Chad how yet another patient of ours had passed away, and how we had signed a total of three sympathy cards today at work to send to patient's families who had passed away. So, Brennan said, "Mama, why aren't you and Daddy in Heaven?" And I looked at him, and said, "What are you talking about, what do you mean by that?" And he said, "Well, if you're a grown up, and you have God in your heart, aren't you and Daddy supposed to be in Heaven to live with God forever?"

From the mouths of babes..........

No comments: