Thursday, September 24, 2009

I can brag, can't I?

Well, after stressing and worrying, I am a very PROUD mother of a kindergartner. Brennan had his first progress report two weeks ago. In kindergarten, at his school, they give him the "grades" of : "S" (satisfactory), "N"(needs improvement), or "U"(unsatisfactory). Let's just say Brennan's progress report had very few "S"'s and a WHOLE lot of "N"'s. And one "U". I flipped out. I immediately got in touch with his teacher and was adamant about scheduling a meeting. I was so upset!

After a few minutes of talking on the phone, she reassured me that a meeting was not necessary unless I absolutely wanted a meeting. She tried to ease my stress level by saying how sharp Brennan was, but it was also only the first 4 weeks of school for him EVER. Considering he had not been to kindergarten ever his teacher said she was very impressed with his learning ability, how hard of a worker he is, and how eager he is to learn. So, I breathed a little sigh of relief after hearing her say that about Brennan, and we started working extra hard at home.

So, today I get a note from the teacher. But, it was a note that was GOOD! She said Brennan has really improved on his letter writing and reading and that he was a very hard worker! And the thing that has totally blown my mind??? He has become a total bookworm. All he wants to do is sit down and read and look at books. I am amazed. Before school, he had no interest in books. Now, he loves writing and reading. Does my heart good to know how much he's taken off in the past few weeks of kindergarten. I just hope he keeps it up! I'm a proud Mama!

No comments: