Friday, September 18, 2009

Sick again..........

I am SO tired of germs and the possibility of being contaminated with them!!! I have worked everyday this week and have been extra paranoid with getting hit with the swine flu or ANY other disease running rampant out there.

With that being said, after Brennan being sick with strep a few weeks ago, and then again last week with fever and an ear infection, AND having a coworker with a sick child thanks to the swine flu (which is why I worked all week) I started feeling bad yesterday. I started feeling a little funny yesterday morning, but thought maybe I just needed to eat. So, even with no appetite, I ate my lunch and felt better for about an hour. Then it just started going downhill. All I could think about was finding somewhere, ANYWHERE to lie down. Late in the afternoon my head just started pounding and I was feeling so nauseated I finally started praying that I could make it to five o'clock. I really didn't think I would make it. I didn't want my boss to know because the latter part of our afternoon was full, and I didn't have the heart to bail out on him no matter how bad I felt. I finally got in the car after suffering through our last couple of patients and just cried. Got home, made it to bed, slept some, and woke up feeling bad this morning. It was all I could do to keep from puking while making Brennan's lunch this morning.

Hopefully, it's just a small stomach virus. I haven't had one in about 3 years, but I remember having a terrible headache before becoming sick with a stomach virus. Fortunately they usually only last 24 hours. No time for Mom's to be sick. I have a wonderful husband to help with the kids, but that doesn't mean that the house is going to be clean. I just got done with a sink full of dishes a little while ago.......

I think I'm to the point I might turn into a Michael Jackson look-alike..... going in public with a mask and gloves. I hate germs. I really do.......

No comments: