Friday, December 17, 2010

My bathroom: the finished project

It's FINALLY done!!!! My bathroom is finished. I mean, after all, we only STARTED in APRIL. We bought our house 5 years ago, and when we bought it, I made it clear that I wanted the wallpaper in BOTH bathrooms to go. Who puts wallpaper in bathrooms anyway? The moisture makes it curl and peel. We did the boy's bathroom (or should I say STARTED it) when I was first pregnant with Ethan and too sick to do anything but watch HGTV all weekend. Well, you know what happens when you watch HGTV...... Chad came home from Wal-Mart one Saturday night at 10:00 and found me in the bathroom stripping the paper. He almost had a small duck. Well, it only took us a year to finish that project.

So, back to my bathroom.... I love it and have been so excited about the finished project. And after Christmas I am going to buy a television to mount in one of the corners. Yes, I said television. My bathroom becomes my sanctuary of relaxation after the boys go to bed at night. I've waited all year for my bathroom to be finished and now I am going to ENJOY it!!!!


The beginning of painting. I wish I had a before picture of the bathroom before the wallpaper was stripped. I didn't think to do it, but it was some UGLY stuff. It was obvious a man must have chosen the wallpaper.



Brennan drove Chad crazy because he wanted to help SOOO bad.



My candles.... siiigh.


Soak, relax, and enjoy. Yes, I plan to.




Before we had those cheap, ugly Hollywood type light fixtures and they were gold and cheap. You know which ones I'm talking about.... they have them at Home Depot for around $11.


We had gold knobs before, and of course those had to go.


We changed the light fixture above the potty area.


I found this for $6 at Hobby Lobby over the summer. It matched the vision I had for my bathroom.


New towel racks.


I had Brennan's teacher paint me this to match the colors of our bathroom. Our walls are gray, but it has a lot of purple in the gray. I didn't want it to look like prison walls.


The purple in the painting really stands out and matches the purple tone in the wall.


These rugs match exactly! And I was lucky to find them. They were discontinued.


We changed the door handles on our closets. I eventually want to do this throughout the house, but knobs for cabinets and doors are NOT cheap. We're going to have to save and do it a little at a time.


And there you have it. My bathroom that my husband worked so hard on!!!! Thank you, Chad!

No comments: