That's it. I'm done, I'm over it. I have been running like a chicken with it's head cut off for the past 2 weeks. Short of our Sunday school Christmas party this weekend, I am being a homebody for the next 10 days. I'm not going shopping, I'm not doing anything but spending the rest of Christmas holidays with my family. We still have Christmas lights to look at, we want to go to Canton, and I want to love on my boys and enjoy the rest of this season.
I sat down and actually had my "daily" quiet time this morning. And I use daily very loosely. Here it is where we as Christians are supposed to be celebrating the REASON for the Season, and here I have been neglecting the sole reason we even have Christmas.
And just a random thought thrown in here (imagine that), what the heck is up with these nut-job atheists causing a stir about a nativity scene being erected at the Mississippi state capitol? REALLY? Do Christians no longer have freedom of speech? And are Christians no longer allowed to celebrate CHRISTmas? I'm tired of all the "Happy Holidays" and being politically correct during this time of year. The sad thing is, this pathetic group of people who are stirring this pot are not even from Mississippi. Go home and stir up something there. Leave those of us here in the deep south alone. We love our God and we love our freedom to show it.
One more random note... my two year old is so bad. I promise you that if he had been our firstborn, he would have either been an only child or there would be an age gap of 10 years before I decided to be brave enough to have another child. Yesterday at Wal-Mart he swiped a candy cane filled with M&M's and repeatedly banged it against any object he could until an explosion of M&M's burst all over the floor. Fortunately we had already paid for them. What a waste of my money and also embarrassing. Then today at Kroger he started hollering for those STUPID car buggies at Kroger. When he got tired of riding in it three-fourths of the way through our grocery shopping trip, he escaped and took off running as fast as he could. Twice. I spanked him more in the grocery store today that I have in his short little life. He would say, "Ow, ow, ow" then go back to doing it all over again. The second time he escaped he ran so fast I couldn't catch him, then I lost him in the store, all the while I had to leave my cart full of groceries and my freakin' purse. And yes, he was laughing the entire time. Apparently he thought we were playing some sort of game.
That could also be why I should be on some sort of medication.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
My kids
(29)
Around the house
(14)
Identity theft
(10)
Books
(9)
Dirty politics
(5)
I love my job
(2)










No comments:
Post a Comment