So there's always that ONE commercial that everyone is still talking about days after the Superbowl. I didn't get to watch the Superbowl this year, but nonetheless there was a commercial so powerful it made headlines minutes later. You already know the one I'm talking about here. Paul Harvey, Dodge Ram, and "The Farmer".
In a society where outspoken liberal democrats (if that offends you, I'm sorry. No, I'm just kidding, I don't really care if it does) and morals that have been watered down and our nation is killing babies and saving trees, it is SO refreshing to know that Paul Harvey has made his voice known to a new generation. And that shows like Duck Dynasty have made such a HUGE impact. In all of the trash that is on television (I mean, did you catch the halftime show during the Superbowl?! I almost threw up the 30 seconds I caught it passing through the room) there are still the "small" people making such a big impact. Liberals (really, I'm sure that's not a politically correct word, but again, I don't really care about being politically correct) stir, stir, and stir. But it takes just 30 seconds on national television of a late legend, who brought common sense, humor, and morals to America's families for so many years, to leave a huge impact in 2013.
Sometimes when you hear a song out of the blue or smell a scent out of nowhere, they have the power to stir up old memories. Whether good or bad. And for a brief moment you are transported back in time. And it either haunts you or makes you smile for the rest of the day. Paul Harvey's voice does that to me. He stirs up memories, wonderful ones, of my childhood. Every day at lunch, my Poppa and Grandmama would turn on Miss 103 and sit down and listen to Paul Harvey. Every day. They had an orange radio that belonged to my great grandmother. My Poppa was a Southern Baptist preacher, and he never listened to country music , but he would dial into the country music station straight up at noon, and eat his tuna sandwich, or cornbread and buttermilk, and black-eyed peas while my grandmother busied herself filling our glasses with sweet tea.
Thank you, God, for Paul Harvey, grandparents, and memories.
And now you know the rest of the story..... Good day....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
My kids
(29)
Around the house
(14)
Identity theft
(10)
Books
(9)
Dirty politics
(5)
I love my job
(2)










No comments:
Post a Comment