So my New Year's "goal" was to become a more organized person. And to get back on a strict budget and cook at least 5 nights a week and use coupons. Well, now that we are about 6 weeks into 2013, I can PROUDLY say: we have success!!!!!
I have planned a menu every week. I ONLY go to the grocery store every 2 weeks (as opposed to 2 or 3 times a week, when I'd easily drop $75 - $100 each visit). I have used coupons. I even dusted off my coupon binder and painstakingly took the time to organize it again and rely on it on my grocery store visits. I have cooked like a mad woman. We haven't eaten out since...... Well, I can't remember. We haven't eaten out at all. Unless you include the one date night Chad and I had the first week in January. But that's been it. Oh, and there was that one night I went out with my best friends from high school. So I guess that counts too.
And as far as organizing. Wow. I have earned bragging rights here..... About myself! I'm one of these that always thinks three steps ahead. It's what has made me a good dental assistant for 12 years (you have to make the boss think you read his/her mind! Ha.) and it overflows into other parts of my life. And unfortunately it overwhelms me at times. Instead of taking things in small steps, I see the whole big picture. And then I freak out! Well, I decided, I'm not going to jump in and try to make myself reach all of my goals in a week or two. And I'm not one that can wake up with expectations of how my day will go. Or how I want it to go. Because I know, in the end, something will go wrong, I'll freak out, and then I'll give up. Yes, I'm a quitter. Unfortunately.
However, I've learned, waking up with NO expectations is the answer for me. Because then I won't disappoint myself and beat myself up. So, when the mood strikes, I chip away at my goals. Whether it's organizing my grocery list and menus and coupons. Or organizing my cabinets and rooms one by one. And it feels GOOOOOD to accomplish a goal I set for myself. My laundry room is so clean and neat and organized you could roller skate in there! I organized my pots and pans and baking dishes. I've thrown stuff out. And let me tell you, I get a RUSH off of throwing things out. You've heard of hoarders, but I'm just the opposite.
It feels great to have some organization in my home. And car! I'm not sure if its my B-12 vitamins or what, but I'm going to keep on chipping away. Cabinet by cabinet, room by room. And sit back and SMILE. Cleanliness and neatness make me happy, happy, happy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
My kids
(29)
Around the house
(14)
Identity theft
(10)
Books
(9)
Dirty politics
(5)
I love my job
(2)










No comments:
Post a Comment