Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Lent

So I panicked last night when I realized that yesterday was Fat Tuesday, which means today is Ash Wednesday, and the beginning of Lent. I had not prepared myself yet or focused my thoughts on giving something up. I have already given up Facebook going on a month now. And I'm sure I have lots of vices that can be discarded of..... At least for a few weeks. However, I had already been thinking about doing the Daniel Fast. Which is only a 21 day fast instead of 6 weeks (the duration of Lent). I've still got a bit more research to do on The Daniel Fast. I had a friend do it starting January 1. She made it the entire 21 days. Which gave me some encouragement. I'm going to count back from March 30 (Easter) and start the fast 21 days before then. If anyone can offer any words about The Daniel Fast, I'm all ears. Obviously this is something I'm going to have to spend a lot of time in prayer over--- getting my heart right. And it's certainly not something I will take lightly. One of my weaknesses is self-control. Actually, that is my biggest weakness and downfall. And it's gotten me waist deep in trouble many, many times. Self-control---- that's where the devil gets his stronghold on me.

No comments: