So tomorrow is one of the dreaded days. One of a few. But, one of a few I will be glad to get over with-- sooner rather than later. I get to sit through two ACT review courses at Mississippi College. From 9 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. Well, with an hour for lunch in between. Yes, just where I want to spend my Saturday. But, hey, I have to do what I have to do, right? Better to get it over with on a miserably cold winter day than a beautiful, warm spring day.
Anyway, enough of that. Here is what I really came here to blog about: Bush's farewell speech last night and his last few days in office. Well, I know that his "approval rating" is down, (where do they come up with those numbers anyway, I don't remember anyone asking for my approval or disapproval) but I think that eventually Bush will be remembered for the man that he truly is. No, I don't think President Bush is the most well-spoken man, nor do I think he always comes across as the most intelligent man, but I do think he's a whole lot smarter than people give him credit for. I think he has been the most HONEST and DECENT president that this country has had in a long time. I think he is a very Christian man and he's never been ashamed to admit that. He has always stood his ground that every decision he has made has been made through prayer. He's made it no secret that he reads his Bible everyday. He makes no apologies for who he is and things he's done. No, there were no weapons of mass destruction, but, I think he made decisions to go to war based on things that he knew more of than the American public did. He has been briefed everyday since 9/11 on the latest terror threats and things that are never made public. No, I don't like that we are at war. My brother is a Marine, and I don't like that he will eventually have to go overseas and more than likely, be a part of that war. But, ask any soldier and they will tell you that there is a reason we are over there. We have done a lot more good than what the media will let us believe. I have known several soldiers who have been deployed and not one has said that we should NOT be over there.
President Bush will be greatly missed by me and my family. I don't think any president will ever be perfect or make every decision according to how America thinks he (or she) should make those decisions. But, Bush has helped thousands upon thousands over the past eight years through faith based organizations and better education. I admire him for the person he doesn't apologize to be. I have great respect for him and I admire him for his standards and his walk with God. When interviewed recently he was asked how he felt about his approval rating. He just smiled and told the person interviewing him that his popularity is a lot less important than his conscience. He felt good about the decisions he made and he would rather have peace with his conscience rather than worry about leaving the White House with a certain popularity rating. I'm glad that we've had the privilege of having George W. Bush lead this country for the past eight years. We should all be proud of him.
Friday, January 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
My kids
(29)
Around the house
(14)
Identity theft
(10)
Books
(9)
Dirty politics
(5)
I love my job
(2)










1 comment:
Amen sister! I agree totally!
Post a Comment