Okay, we all know I'm not perfect. I've made some SERIOUS mistakes along the way. Mistakes that have had profound consequences. Mistakes that continuously rear their ugly little heads from time to time just to get a reaction. Well, in my life journey, I am starting to learn a little about the true power of prayer. As much as I have messed up along the way and questioned my faith and even questioned the power of God and God Himself, I am learning little by little just what an awesome God I serve.
So, Chad and I were sitting at the dinner table catching up on thoughts and, well, eating dinner. (It's an unspoken rule at our house that at least 6 out of 7 nights a week we eat dinner as a family. No excuses.) We were talking about prayer. I have been trying to encourage Chad to spend a little more time with God than just the rushed prayer while driving to work. While there is nothing wrong with talking to God while driving, I am convinced that it shouldn't be the only time spent in prayer. Everyone should devote some sort of time with God and give him undivided attention AT LEAST once a day. While I encourage Chad to do this, I want him to encourage me because that is something I am working on myself. Anyway, long story short.....
We're eating dinner, discussing prayer, which ultimately leads back to...wait for it....FINANCIAL concerns. As we are discussing this, my phone rings. It's my mom. She is calling to tell me that my grandmother has decided to help me pay for school since I have made up my mind to do this. Therefore I will not have to take out any additional student loans at this point. How incredible is that? So I tell Chad the news and he said he had just prayed over that situation on the way home. I don't have to take out student loans right now!!!! My grandmother said to name an amount for what I needed and she would take care of it. God really is good.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
My kids
(29)
Around the house
(14)
Identity theft
(10)
Books
(9)
Dirty politics
(5)
I love my job
(2)










2 comments:
Great story on the power of prayer.
One small problem, though, Chad's prayer on the way home from work and it being answered, just REINFORCED his argument about praying to and from work ! :-)
Whatever works !
VERY GLAD FOR YOU BOTH !
Love ya'll,
Clark
Yeah, I thought about that afterwards....I guess that's proof God listens no matter what!
Post a Comment