Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Drained...

I feel like I am 100 years old. There are so many things that I need to be doing today but I can't quite find the energy. I need to wash, and clean, and study, and follow up online with this whole fraud thing. Here I am online, and I can't make myself do it. Maybe it's a subconscious thing-- if I ignore it, it doesn't exist. But I know that's not reality. I am starting to sink into a depression over the identity theft. As if I didn't have enough to worry about with school, and the ACT, and two kids, and my REAL bills to pay, now I have to deal with this situation one affidavit at a time. And there are many to be filled out. I've tried to have a positive attitude and pray and give it over to God, but this is going to consume my life every time I see a credit card offer, a credit report commercial, and every time I have to give my social security number to someone. I can't sleep. I've had nightmares. I could be making a big deal out of this, more than I should, but until someone has been in this situation to this extent, it's hard to say how anyone could feel. Now that I'm in this situation it's awful. Chad and I worked so hard to keep our credit report close to perfect. We don't live outside our means, we pay all our bills on time, we've never had a late payment on ANYTHING, and now I have to clear my name for something I didn't do. And it depresses me because it's not as simple as going to the police and saying I didn't do this, go arrest her, and clear my credit report. I don't know who "her" is. I don't know how she got my information. Fortunately Chad and I will not be needing access to my credit report for any purchases anytime soon, but if this takes a long time, it could end up affecting us. One day we'll need a new car. I am in deep prayer over this and I can feel God's peace at work in me because I know He is much bigger than this situation and the person who did this to me. And I know that even if she is never caught, eventually her actions will be judged by the Highest Authority of all. I just want to shake the sadness and anger that is lingering in my heart. I will get through this, and I am still amazed, utterly amazed, at how I even found out about this when I did. It was nothing but the power of God at work, and I can't be thankful enough for that blessing.

No comments: