Monday, May 25, 2009

Not the deviled eggs....

Today we went to my grandmother's house for a small, casual cookout. Yes, we all have those members of our family that we question what branch of the family tree they sprouted from. But you know you have to love them anyway, after all, somehow they are genetically kin to you.

So, Chad and I arrived as usual and had just sat down to socialize with the previously mentioned family members-- when out of nowhere-- cuss words and screaming filled the air. I wanted to duck and cover because I wasn't sure who was saying what and if objects were going to start flying through the air at a high rate of speed. You see, my dad's side of the family seems to be WAY outspoken and they'll pretty much say whatever is on their mind, no matter who it offends. But, instead of doing it tactfully, they seem to want to get their point across the first time-- by being just downright rude and inconsiderate. My aunt starts screaming at her niece about her cell phone and the fact that all she does is text and answer her calls while others are trying to talk and have dinner. Well, the problem with that was, we were not even at the dinner table yet. Everyone was pretty much doing their own thing at that point.

Long story short, my aunt became so furious that she decided to leave and not come back. Words I hadn't heard in a LONG time were flying around the room. I had the urge to cover Brennan's ears. So anyway, when my aunt decided to leave she took the dang deviled eggs, too. AND the potato salad. Come on, did we all have to be punished?! I just wanted ONE egg.

Family. Got to love 'em. I mean, life would be so boring if we didn't have family, right?

1 comment:

4 J's said...

You are so funny! Yes, we all have "those family members". Sorry you missed out on the deviled eggs...they are my favorite too!