So, we just went for Ethan's 15 month check-up (yes, I'm a little behind!) and everything was great! I was a little concerned that Ethan's vocabulary, well, quite frankly.... he doesn't have a vocabulary. He says Mama and Dada, but EVERYTHING is Mama and Dada. BUT, he also knows who Mama and Daddy are. And, he does understand what we are saying and he is very quick to express his emotions. He just does it in his own language. He literally talks in tongues. He sounds like he came straight out of some South African tribe or some other tribe very foreign.
After I expressed my concern to his pediatrician, (and he reassured me that as long as he was expressing emotions and could understand our commands and whatever else we were saying, then he was perfectly normal) we put him on the table to do the usual heartbeat- listening and ear-checking and so on. The second Dr. Freeman put the ice cold stethoscope on his chest, Ethan looked him square in his face and let let him have it in his tongue-talking language. Dr. Freeman about fell on the floor laughing. He then REALLY reassured me that there was nothing wrong with his speech development. He said Ethan knows what HE is saying and he thinks everyone else can understand him, too. The doctor was very sure his speech would come in time. I had absolutely nothing to worry about. So, that was that and I'm thankful I have a healthy, beautiful toddler.
Friday, February 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
My kids
(29)
Around the house
(14)
Identity theft
(10)
Books
(9)
Dirty politics
(5)
I love my job
(2)










2 comments:
LOL! Was it Dr. Freeman @ CMG? We just saw him last week when the girls were sick (Dr. Phillippi had the week off) -- he is the nicest dr. ever!
Yes, that's our doctor. He goes way back with Chad's family. My mother-in-law used to work for him and Chad and his sisters grew up going to him. He is very nice and really laid back.
Post a Comment