Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Nothing spectacular.....

I feel the need to take the time to sit down and blog today, although I have nothing in particular to sit and blog about. Nothing profound has happened this last week.... no oven cleaning, no new found interests, no drama. (However, being a mom to children of any age always includes drama.)

But, here are a few updates since I'm here and typing away:

Football: Super Bowl Sunday was pretty much a bore at my house. I was sick all weekend, with something that consisted of, but was not limited to aches, chills, and fever. Chad went to a Super Bowl party Sunday night at a couple's house from our Sunday School class and I sat at home in my robe, guzzling Nyquil, and baking pizza for the boys. We were excited to see the Saints pull through, however, our household was cheering for the Colts. Either win would have been a good one, and so it was. However, I'm now sick of hearing about it. It's over. The Saints have their victory, football season is officially over, and now let's stop talking about it. Period. I hear it at home, I hear it at work, and I hear it in the grocery store line. Let's move on.

Being sick: So as I mentioned earlier, I was a little under the weather this weekend. It started with the sniffles on Friday, and was a full blown cold or sinus attack or SOMETHING by Saturday morning. Now, let's get one thing straight: I can handle pain. Most of the time.... as long as it doesn't involve needles and my butt (or the HIP as medical professionals like to call it). But there is one thing I cannot stand! And that is being sick with "the crud". Stuffy nose, sore throat, watery eyes, achy body, chills, fever. Can't stand it. I would rather have the stomach virus, because usually that only lasts for about 24 hours and in the end you usually lose a couple of pounds. I am the biggest baby when I get sick with a cold or anything related to it. I whine, I complain, I irritate my husband. Even he said I act like a big baby. He said it's nothing for me to get sliced open on the belly, have a baby, and not blink an eye, but I get a runny nose and the whole world hears about it. It's true. I am that pathetic. Fortunately I was feeling better by Monday and was able to go to work. Now as for this cough that continues to linger.....

Valentine's Day: Just another excuse for Hallmark and Wal-Mart to take all my money again. However, Saturday night our church is having a V-Day banquet with childcare. Chad and I usually go to the banquet, but this year our church is providing additional childcare for couples who want to go out alone. So, Chad and I opted to take the rugrats to the church and instead of going out (you could not PAY me to go out to a restaurant in all the chaos of V-Day) we just plan to come back home and sit in silence. Literally. The last time we had the house to ourselves was probably before Ethan came along. I'm counting down the hours.

And that is all. Hopefully that is about as exciting as my life will remain for the next few weeks. I do not thrive on chaos or monkey wrenches thrown into plans. They are talking about snow in this part of the state Thursday night and Friday morning. We shall see......

No comments: