Monday, September 20, 2010

Random thoughts......


Today Chad and I went to Fuego's. It's a new Mexican restaurant downtown and it's connected to the popular Fire nightclub. Chad works downtown and I had been seeing Fuego's advertised. Then we passed it on the way home from a wedding Saturday and wanted to stop and try it out. Oh. My. Goodness. It was soooooo yummy. THE BEST Mexican I have ever had. The chef himself came out and introduced himself to us and we talked for a few minutes. He is so nice and said anytime we wanted to come in, he would prepare whatever we wanted. Even if we didn't see it on the menu. It was wonderful!

Two thumbs WAY up.


Sushi and Kroger. My new discovery. And bad news for me and good news for me: The bad news is I live in a town that only has a redneck Kroger. It's old. It's outdated. And it doesn't have half the stuff I go looking for. But I love the coupons they give me and can get some great deals. Also, the bad news is they don't have a super-fantabulous sushi bar.

Good news: The Clinton Kroger has a sushi bar. And oh. My. Goodness. It is inexpensive and DELICIOUS. As good as any sushi restaurant around. Also the good news is since there is no good sushi around these here parts in redneck land, then I won't over indulge myself constantly. I have no self control. If I want it, I usually get it, and have very little regret.

Who knew Kroger could be so hip?


Chad's grandmother. I love this lady. LOVE her. I have gotten to be very close to her through the years and she has become like my own grandmother. And when she introduces me, she doesn't call me her granddaughter-in-law. I am her granddaughter. So yesterday I got off work at noon. I went and picked her up from her apartment. She doesn't drive so therefore she doesn't get out very much. We went exploring around Clinton and had so much fun. Clinton has definitely changed over the years.

We went to a very nice consignment store for children called "Freckles" and I bought several things for Brennan. Then she wanted to get the boys each something. We went to Olde Towne Clinton and into a neat antique store. We both had so much fun. It was a maze of rooms and the owner had some FABULOUS things. There were even clothes from the 1800's. I fell in love with this beautiful velvet jacket that looked like it came from the 1950's or early 60's. When I flipped the tag over, it said it was from the year 1895 and it had a $900 price tag on it. I walked away.

There was lots of costume jewelry and she had a great time looking through all of it. She pointed out several pieces and told me she used to have some just like them, but didn't know what had happened to them over the years. She said she wishes she still had them. So, for Christmas I know exactly what Chad and I are going to get her! I think some cute, vintage costume jewelrey would be a fun, nostalgic gift for her.


Well, here she is. My car that's been with me over the last decade of my life. We finally sold her. I didn't realize I had any attachment to this car until I saw it drive off for the last time. We sold it to some friends from Grenada, so I know they will take care of her. She's been a good little car. It took me through the last of high school, all of college, and the first years of marriage. (*sniff, sniff*)



I had to include this picture. I HATED these seats when I first got the car. But then I eventually started calling them my "party seats". Looks like an explosion of the 80's on those seats. But, they eventually grew on me.


And here is my work of "art" hanging in my bedroom. It actually looks okay from a distance. Fortunately not much traffic treks through that part of the house.



Hey, I can dream, right???? America's leaders Republicans and Democrats alike (but especially Democrats) have sickened me. Chad went to a continuing education course yesterday about the new healthcare reform bill. Some of the things that he learned would make your stomach turn. And that is not an exaggeration. There are about 3 things in the entire bill that are actually logical, good ideas. The entire rest of the bill (which not everyone still knows EVERYTHING that is in that bill-- including Obama) is going to cause confusion and chaos eventually. My stomach gets twisted in knots when I think about what my kids will be facing because of these selfish, money hungry politicians, and a president who has no clue about anything he signs his name to. We are facing debt that we will NEVER get out of. And yes, this bill is about to put us further into it.

However, as despicable as I think Obama's ways are and all those other clueless politicians, I was reminded this morning in my devotion that I should pray for them. However, I admit, that this is hard. Because praying for someone you don't really want to is HARD. But reading Daniel 9 sort of put it into perspective for me.

In Daniel 9, Daniel prays fervently for God to show mercy on Jerusalem. He prayed for forgiveness and mercy on the people of Jerusalem. He admitted they had become wicked and had turned away from the instruction and laws of God. He asked for true forgiveness. Does this sound familiar? Go back and read Daniel 9 for yourself.

Makes you want to get on your knees now. I just hope it's not too late for this country.

ALSO---- last but not least--- I am thinking about doing another giveaway for the readers of my blog. I don't really like doing giveaways because I sort of feel like it cheapens it, but I have so many people comment on my blogs in person-- people I would never expect to ready my blog. So, I like to do it to thank my readers. If you are not a follower of my blog-- in other words, your name is not on the left-hand side in the follower block, add your name. If you do not know how, then leave comments to let me know you are reading. Not sure when I am doing the giveaway OR what it will be. But will let you know soon.

Thanks.

No comments: