Saturday, February 5, 2011

Babalu...........


Tonight was my brother's last night in town before he flew back to Cherry Point. So my family decided to go out and have some good eating! There are SO many great places locally that are great to eat and I had a hard time choosing (because my brother couldn't make up his mind!) Someone had posted on Facebook about a new restaurant called "Babalu's" in Fondren.

Oh my. I am in love!!! They have "I Love Lucy" playing continuously in the middle of the restaurant. The entire back wall is made up of shelves that house wine bottle after wine bottle. (I'm pretty sure they were empty.) It was a cute, yet hip little place. The food was not too expensive, and they don't give you so much that you stuff yourself until you're miserable. I also ordered the guacamole (after the recommendation of my friend and Brennan's teacher, Meade Davis) and they made it table side and it was DELICIOUS. Even Ethan (my picky 2 year old) loved it!

Anyway, at the risk of being cheesy, I took some pics (without the flash) since we were sitting in the corner before the crowd. We got there at 5 and were seated right away. About 30 minutes later, the place was full, and by the time we left at 6:30, there were people waiting to be seated. Two thumbs up!!!!


MiMi and Brennan


Melissa and me (notice the wall behind me)


AyAyAy!!! Love me some Ricky Ricardo!


Ethan being sweet.


Brennan eating his chicken and cheese quesadilla.


One of my yummy tacos.


Ethan and me.

Great restaurant, great food, and great atmosphere!!!! I can't wait to go back.


No comments: