Monday, February 7, 2011

Random....

To keep from updating my Facebook status every 5 minutes, I will just share some random thoughts that I feel the need to share..... with whom?..... I guess with whomever of you chooses to read...

#1. I started a ticket system with my son at home. I got this idea from his school. Every time he is caught being good at school, his teachers give him a ticket. At the end of the week, he can trade them in for a prize or save them for something big (like eating lunch on the stage.... whatever that means). So, I decided to try it at home. Each ticket is worth a dime. Every time he does something good without being told-- anything from using his manners, to picking up his dirty clothes, he gets a ticket. At the end of the week, he trades them in for cash. Don't judge me. I realize this is a form of bribery, but until you've been in my shoes, you can keep your opinions to yourself. Also, he got a GOOD note sent home from school today. Makes my heart melt when he actually uses the manners and behavior we try and enforce here at home. As a matter of fact, he was SO excited to see my van pull up in the car rider line so he could tell me about his good note.

#2. I LOVE cold winter days. I especially love cold, rainy, winter days. But, I also like it when they are kept to a minimum. I have seen ENOUGH cold and rainy days. It's starting to mess with my head and my energy....

#3. I got an email today from Mark Brashier, which is our team leader when we go to Nicaragua. It was information about the village we would be traveling to this year and it was just general info about the trip and getting money to him and our applications. I became VERY weepy reading it. As all of you know, we are trying to have a baby this year. So far we have been unsuccessful and now I am torn with wanting to go to Nicaragua. I really thought I would be okay emotionally, and I realize that if I can't go this year, there are other opportunities later. But, initially accepting the reality that I will probably not get to go this year hit home today and has made me very sad. Of course, some of it can probably be blamed on this FABULOUS (not) weather!

#4. I have gained that lovely winter flab around my waistline. I love to eat. I'm sure we can all say that. But, once my jeans quit fitting, and my fat jeans came back out of the closet (the one's I haven't worn since I gave birth to Brennan), I decided it's time to direct my attention to water instead of food. I am currently on my 4th bottle of water today. (For all you "go green" people, I just keep refilling the same water bottle I started the day with). Yesterday I did the same. That says a lot because I HATE water. Now let's hope I can keep it up.

#5. I watched a documentary on Nancy Reagan last night. Wow. She was a classy lady. It really makes me sad that chances of a president like Ronald Reagan ever running this country again are very slim. Now, the perfect president would be a combination of George W. and Ronald Reagan. I can't even look at Obama's face on television for 5 seconds. He makes my stomach turn. (Just thought I'd throw that in.)

#6. Totally loved the half-time show last night. I thought Fergie was Fergi-licious (does anyone remember watching her on Kid's Incorporated on the Disney channel in the 80's?) The best part was when Slash made an appearance. Great performance, for what my opinion is worth.

#7. Just saw a story on the news about an identity theft ring in Jackson. This makes my blood pressure go up. It sounds exactly like what happened to me, and I would like to slap the stupid out of those people. These people work SO hard to get something that doesn't belong to them-- why can't they get a REAL job and put those work "ethics" to use?!

#8. Can someone explain to me how my 2 year old knows how to work my iPhone?

Enough random thoughts for today................

No comments: