Tomorrow is Valentine's Day. The day when love is in the air, and cupid is ready and waiting with his arrow. Well, it's been a wild, emotional, sort-of-strange weekend.
Chad and I went to a beautiful wedding yesterday. It was a simple, yet GORGEOUS display of love and commitment. There's nothing like a wedding to tug at the heartstrings. I had already been toying with the idea of having some sort of ceremony next year to renew mine and Chad's vows. It will be 10 years next year, and we have been down a long road. Neither of us are who we were 10 years ago, yet we are more in love than we were when we said "I do" 10 years ago. And yet it is a totally different kind of love. A mature love. I am contemplating the idea of a renewing of vows ceremony (any thoughts?)
I was so excited about my gift to Chad and the fact we were cooking out steaks and baked potatoes, and stuffed portabella mushrooms, and something just put me in the mood to go ahead and exchange V-Day gifts. Now, Chad and I have not exchanged V-Day gifts since Brennan came along. But we did this year and we cheated and did it a day early.
I made Chad a cd of songs that meant something to me and that made me think of him and the things we've been through. Let me tell you what the best Valentine's Day present is: playing the music in the kitchen, while we are in the middle of preparing dinner, stopping to dance to an emotional song and having both kids crawl under our feet, while one looks up and says, "Mama.....hold me". That is the best gift of love ever. To know that Chad and I will leave a legacy of sweet boys who will one day (hopefully) grow up to be wonderful, Christ-followers.
There is no gift to top the 10 minutes of our family being in the kitchen, preparing dinner, and listening to love songs.
And on another note...... On this weekend of V-Day, God has really shown up in my family and shown out. I can't share the story, not only because it's too personal, but it would also take me until the next millennium to share all the details, but there was a lot of prayer going on for some things going on in my family. I thought I had the answer to what should be done and how it should be handled, only in less than 24 hours, God proved me wrong. He intervened in an unbelievable supernatural way, and I am left speechless. God is good and God is in control. It doesn't get any simpler than that. Nor does it get any more complicated that that. Thank you, God, for your provision, protection, and guidance........
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
My kids
(29)
Around the house
(14)
Identity theft
(10)
Books
(9)
Dirty politics
(5)
I love my job
(2)










No comments:
Post a Comment