Friday, May 14, 2010

5 Friday Facts

#1. I said this year I would keep Brennan's birthday party simple. Maybe a trip to Chuck E Cheese's, a movie with a friend, or just having a Brennan day. I guess I lied to myself. Brennan's birthdays used to get me EXCITED. I would literally have his party planned in January. Last year and this year I just can't get into it. It must be because I'm having issues with him getting one year older each birthday. I mean, seriously, he's on his way to first grade this fall. When did I blink and where did the last 6 years of my life go?

So we are having a party. Granted, I hope it's not as stressful as I fear it might be. We are having it at the art studio where he takes lessons and have invited a limited amount of kids. I would have loved to have invited his whole class in school and at church, but paying $10 a kid adds up extremely fast.

#2. I made Brennan's birthday cake. I thought it would do 2 things: Save me money. And save me stress. Only it had the opposite effect. It cost the same amount of money by the time I bought all the decorations for the cake, and I just spent my ENTIRE day decorating this cake that not only fell apart as I was transferring it, but it looks pretty tacky. But I'm okay with that. A room full of 6 year old kids don't care. Brennan's already informed me what piece will be his.

#3. When I checked Brennan's binder last night, he had made a piece of art. It was white chalk on black paper. He had written "I love Jeses." (Jesus) I didn't get home until after he was asleep last night, so when I asked him about it at breakfast this morning, he said, "Mama, I made that just for Jesus. And I know that Jesus can see it, because he looks down on everything I do". So sweet. I pray everyday that he can stay on fire for God.

#4. The Miller allergies are KILLING me. I don't suffer from them directly, but the rest of my household does. Therefore I DO suffer from them. Chad, Brennan, and Ethan spend the first hour of their day coughing, sneezing, and snotting everywhere. I hand out allergy medicine like it's candy around here. And to top if off, Ethan has a really bad cough that stems from his allergies. The doctor considers it "allergy induced asthma". He has to take that expensive drug, Singulair. I'd rather fight a bucking bull than try to get him to take it all at night.

#5. I am dreading summer a little bit. I love my children, but Ethan is enough of a pistol at home all day. Brennan added into that mix is going to make me need some happy pills. I'm trying to find some inexpensive things to keep Brennan occupied for 3 months so that we don't kill each other. I'm thinking about making up a schedule for each day and doing activities each day at certain times--- like reading, play-doh (even though it makes me gag), art, a movie, etc., etc.

Happy Weekend!!!!

No comments: