
So, I had myself a big, huge hankering for some boiled peanuts this morning. I love living within a few miles of Donna's #6. However I was hoping to buy some hot boiled peanuts and some fresh, raw, green peanuts to cook in my crock pot for later. Who knew green peanuts weren't in season yet? I almost had myself a big girl hissy fit in Donna's. Good thing they know how to boil another kind of peanut. We brought home 4 pounds of the hot boiled peanuts. The boys couldn't get enough of them. It was Ethan's first time to eat the southern delicacy.
We also got some good, red tomatoes and some fresh squash to cook with dinner tonight.
And since it's Mother's Day weekend, Chad decided to cook dinner on the grill tonight. He stopped at Country Pleasin' Meat Market here in town and got a marinated pork roast, some jalapeno/cheese stuffed sausage, homemade salsa, and some beef jerky (for him and the boys--NOT me--yuck). I'm looking forward to my dinner tonight!
We also got some good, red tomatoes and some fresh squash to cook with dinner tonight.
And since it's Mother's Day weekend, Chad decided to cook dinner on the grill tonight. He stopped at Country Pleasin' Meat Market here in town and got a marinated pork roast, some jalapeno/cheese stuffed sausage, homemade salsa, and some beef jerky (for him and the boys--NOT me--yuck). I'm looking forward to my dinner tonight!










No comments:
Post a Comment