I should probably really keep my mouth shut on this one, but yet I can't. With all this media coverage on the crash that killed 2 doctors and involving the Irby's, it's just become too much. Yes, I believe Karen deserves time for what she did. However, I also believe that Stuart Irby deserves his time behind bars, too. It is very apparent just from looking at Karen and comparing photos of her from before the crash right up until her mugshot from today, that this has taken it's toll on her. What she did will haunt her for the rest of her life. Do I think she was legally drunk when she crossed that median? Yes, I do. Do I think Stuart was initiating some sort of violent tirade when she crossed that median? Yes, I do. Do I think Karen has been afraid to speak out until now? Yes, I do. I'm not saying she should not do time. She definitely should. But, if Stuart was a passenger in the car at the time of the accident, regardless of who he is, where he comes from or how much money he has, he should be held just as reliable.
This story and this situation is so heart breaking. Nobody wins. The 2 deceased victims will have family and friends to mourn their deaths for a long time to come. The Irby's have children who will not get to see their Mama the way children should and NEED to. Karen will not get to see her daughters grow up. This proves that no one should be above the law. A socialite in Jackson,who on the surface, seemed like everything was always perfect and together, is now in a situation none of us could imagine ourselves in. Yes, Karen made a terrible decision. We all have. This could have just as easily been one of us in our weaker moments at a weak time in our lives. It would be untruthful to say differently. My heart breaks for her and for her children.
I pray that Stuart can soften his heart and realize what kind of damage has been done. It's none of my business as to where he is mentally, emotionally, or spiritually in his life. But, I only pray he can get his act together before it's too late.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
My kids
(29)
Around the house
(14)
Identity theft
(10)
Books
(9)
Dirty politics
(5)
I love my job
(2)










4 comments:
I totally agree...100% Such a sad story. XO KJ
This situation hit Jim pretty hard because he knew Daniel Pogue, since they were students at UMC together. Jim said he was the nicest and most sincere guy. He and his fiance both had their lives in front of them. Daniel had already signed a contract with a clinic in Arkansas and was so excited to get out there and practice medicine.
The only gripe I have is with the corruption of JPD and their investigation. It is obvious and has even been reported that they botched the investigation and people were bought off. All for $$.
It's just sad. Sad, sad, sad. I try not to get too emotionally involved when I hear about these kinds of things because I want to believe the best in people. That we are inherently good. I hate to be proven wrong.
Hey! You are right! He deserves to be punished as well -- and how about the letter that judge wrote to the irbys on behalf of the two deceased doctors -- POWERFUL stuff!
I agree, Shannon. JPD AND a money trail.... Enough said and very sad.
Post a Comment