Well, it's here. The big day. The emotional day. The closing of a chapter and the ending of a season in our lives. Two major milestones in our lives will be reached today. And to be gut honest with you, I'm an emotional basketcase.
As Chad and Brennan both got in Chad's car this morning, I realized I was sending 2 of my favorite people out as always, but they would come back home today with a finished chapter in their books. Today is Brennan's last day of kindergarten. And today is also Chad's last day at the accounting firm where he has worked for the last (almost) 6 years.
Everyone who has read my blog for the past year knows how emotional and upset I was when Brennan started kindergarten. It was a HUGE step. Brennan had never been outside of our home under anyone else's care. Not to mention he was growing up entirely too fast. Now after a blur of a year, he is on his way to first grade. We were blessed with 2 wonderful teachers and I couldn't have asked for better. Brennan blossomed and grew mentally and learned so much in such a short time. Of course, now I'll be worrying all over again because first grade will be another big step and will be much different than kindergarten. I guess I will just be going through these same emotions every year. It's tough being a parent. I think it's officially the hardest, most challenging, and most emotional job out there.
Yesterday Brennan's teachers sent home a slide show DVD that they had made from pictures taken of the class throughout the year. I didn't get home until late last night, so I discovered it this morning. Of course, I had to watch it. His teachers did a GREAT job. They started the DVD with an individual picture of each kid from the first week of school. Then it progressed through the months. The songs were even tear-jerkers. It was complete with Miley Cyrus and "The Climb", Alvin and the Chimpunks singing "We are Family", "Smile" by Uncle Kracker, "The Hamster Dance", and Garth Brooks singing "The Dance". (It was a musically well rounded CD!) Some of those songs had me holding back my tears watching the kids smiling in the video. I know that Brennan and I will both treasure that DVD 10 years down the road. I am so grateful that his teachers are so thoughtful like that.
And back to Chad. He's not an overly emotional person. I guess you could say that he's a typical man. I've never really seen him cry or get too upset about anything. He's one of these that holds his emotions in and doesn't bother anyone with them. Including this week. He has been so distracted and very quiet and almost sad. He's upset about leaving his job. EVEN THOUGH he has a better position and better pay waiting on him. He's grown to love his job, has had a lot of great experiences, he's comfortable there, and he's developed a lot of relationships. So now he's just going through that phase of "Did I make the right decision?" and "Did I really do what God wanted me to do, or was I listening too much to the $$$ signs?" I've been trying my best to encourage him with my words and advice and prayer. Changing jobs is never easy. He's entering new territory and I know he has a lot of doubts about how successful he will be and if he will even like his new place of employment. I believe without a doubt that God gave him this opportunity and God's not going to forsake him. It's a new, scary season for Chad AND for me as I try to offer support. It's a new chapter, a new experience, and something we can only take one day at a time and one prayer at a time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
My kids
(29)
Around the house
(14)
Identity theft
(10)
Books
(9)
Dirty politics
(5)
I love my job
(2)










No comments:
Post a Comment